Speculation Ritchie De Laet

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, he's out of contract in June... Why would we pay a million quid for him if that was the case? I'd be happy if we got him though, he's proven to be a very solid and versatile defender in the past. Anything that shores up our defence can only be a good thing.

I don't care when his feckin' contract is up

If this is the standard of those coming into the club this summer then we will be in some serious shit next season

If this is the standard of those coming into the club this summer then we will be in some serious shit next season

Probably the media picking up on fans rumblings about cost cutting.

Are you joking? A young, versatile defender who has a lot of potential for a small fee or, if his contract is up, next to nothing - why wouldnt you want that? I've seen him play for Portsmouth, in the Premier League for Norwich and he's always looked very capable and he certainly would have played more games for Norwich if it weren't for injuries. I think he could definitely perform well in the Championship. The only problem for me is that he's been very injury prone over the last few seasons.

What kind of players would you prefer we bought then, out of interest?

What kind of players would you prefer we bought then, out of interest?

He would prefer it if we signed nobody and wrapped the club up I think.

Yes, yes

You're absolutely right, as ever :icon_roll

Seriously though, what 'standard' of player would you like us to bring in, bearing in mind that the days of spending multi-millions on single players seem to be over. Who would you be looking at?

Yes, yes

You're absolutely right, as ever :icon_roll

Thank you, In all seriousness Homer you never put yourself on the line and say what you expect, we never see anything remotely interesting or insightful from you regarding the club and how you expect it to be performing.

We do however see plenty of condemning of other peoples suggestions and thread creations.

We need a few "steady" signings like this IMO, and the earlier the better. The signings of DD, Marshall and Morgan were the start of this.

What will be crucial is whether NP can attract 2/3 who are capable of playing above this standard. We don't need a team full of them to get promoted though.

Last edited:
What will be crucial is whether NP can attract 2/3 who are capable of playing above this standard. We don't need a team full of them to get promoted though.

I think that this will be dependent on freeing up the budget through releasing the players that are surplus.

Hopefully we can release the funds and then the money will hopefully attract them. A couple of loans could easily be sufficient.

Matty James and Ritchie De Laet

The Mirror report we have already agreed terms with Manchester United For Matty James and Ritchie de Laet. Actually Wikipedia already shows James as a Leicester player
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_James_(footballer)
Don't know much about either of these two but am guessing if Manchester United thought they were good enough to sign professional contracts then that is good enough for me to replace some of the dead wood we have got rid of and will be getting rid of.

The Mirror report we have already agreed terms with Manchester United For Matty James and Ritchie de Laet. Actually Wikipedia already shows James as a Leicester player
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_James_(footballer)
Don't know much about either of these two but am guessing if Manchester United thought they were good enough to sign professional contracts then that is good enough for me to replace some of the dead wood we have got rid of and will be getting rid of.

Signing players just because manure gave them player a pro contract at some point could be considered a bit foolish, will wait to see if they sign and are any good.

Brian Carey was shit hot.......

I remember seeing a Mercury board outside a newsagents with something like 'City to sign Man Utd player' written on it. Excitment soon turned to bemusement as I wondered who the feck Brian Carey was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669