Road rage nutter on M6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

I was driving home this eve from a Conference in Crewe when a total nutter was trying to run me off the M6; blinding me with his full beam headlights, banging on the horn, swerving into me, trying to force me on to the hard shoulder. This all stemmed from me using my breaklights to tell him he was too close to me.

I have his number plate - can anyone tell me whether its worth reporting it to the Police? I am in one piece (although slightly shaken) so I'm not sure whether they would actually do anything... :icon_sad:

Make a report to your local police station in person ASAP.

Do it, we have some statements to fill in for our incident. Even if its recorded and not acted on it could be used to build up a case of driving style in another case maybe.

Do it, we have some statements to fill in for our incident. Even if its recorded and not acted on it could be used to build up a case of driving style in another case maybe.

Thanks, will do. I'd hate for anyone else to go through it - I seriously dont know how I managed to drive home tbh I was shaking that much.

that's awful Cate, you must report it.
Glad you're ok
:)

You could just lie to the dvla and get the drivers address then go around and threaten him, works for my brother in law.

Phone 101 now and report it so that it is logged. If an incident has happened it will add to the documentation.

Leave it till Monday and **** all will be done.

Thanks, will do. I'd hate for anyone else to go through it - I seriously dont know how I managed to drive home tbh I was shaking that much.

I hope you have recovered a bit and reported it, if not to your local police station the nearest one that is open. Appalling driving.

Phone 101 now and report it so that it is logged. If an incident has happened it will add to the documentation.

Good call.
He may have drove on in his rage and caused an accident elsewhere, so this kind of shit should be logged as soon as possible.

I've called them and logged it over the phone, but they've asked me to go in and make a statement too.

I hope you have recovered a bit and reported it, if not to your local police station the nearest one that is open. Appalling driving.

Appalling doesnt cover it; I'm actually shaking again now just having talked about it. Horrible... I hope the c*nt dies in a nasty accident.

Well I knew it would be a waste of time.... had a letter back this morning saying they had written to the driver of a completely different registration number to the one I had reported to say that a complaint had been made regarding an incident that happened 12 hours earlier than the time I had put in my statement... lack of witnesses and evidence means they wont be taking it any further, so Mr Road Rage is free to carry on driving like a c*nt. They've had a rather stinging email from me this morning regarding their total lack of detail.

What was the reg cate? We'll know not to scratch it if we see it on our travels...

Getting the details wrong is out of order, but I don't see what else they can do. Without witnesses it is hard, otherwise I could just pick a random numberplate and report them as an unsafe driver.

Getting the details wrong is out of order, but I don't see what else they can do. Without witnesses it is hard, otherwise I could just pick a random numberplate and report them as an unsafe driver.

There are cameras along the stretch of motorway, but it's probably asking too much for the CCTV to be reviewed.

2005 Grey Audi A4 Avant S Line TDI Auto.

Typical Knob car.

Try to take it as part of life. There are nutters around, thankfully we don't come accross them too often. Be positive, you're a far better person than them.

Last edited:
2005 Grey Audi A4 Avant S Line TDI Auto.

Typical Knob car.

Try to take it as part of life. There are nutters around, thankfully we don't come accross them too often. Be positive, you're a far better person than them.

Aww thanks :) Fingers crossed I never encounter the knob again!

Cate i know exactly what emotions you are feeling from this incident, as i had a terrifying ordeal about a year ago. It still plays on my mind even now.

I was taking Mrs B to her mothers on a Sunday morning. It was just a 10 min trip that i do almost every week without the slightest bother.
That particular morning i was driving down a local road when a small white van pulled out and right into my path. I have no idea why he done it, as i was on the 'main' road and just driving at a normal pace. I had to change direction in order to avoid us hitting. We both pulled up window to window and exchanged our opinions on what happened.

The next 5-10 mins turned into a complete nightmare.

The only thing i said to the guy was ' what were you doing ' No verbal abuse from me or any signs of anger , just a question.
He immediately and unbelievably suggested that it was my fault and that i was a f*****g t**t.
WHAT ??
At this point i wasnt intimidated by him, but his comment made my blood boil. Regretfully i reacted and suggested to him that he was being the f*****g t**t.
Without any warning he opened his door and slammed it as hard as he could into the side of mine, and then drove off. Both Mrs BB and myself were shaken and in shock, so i decided that i would need to get his reg plate number. I eventually caught up with him, but by this time he had got out of his car and stood in the middle of the road, blocking my path. As much as i would like to have drove into him, i had to slow right down or otherwise i would probaly have been done for causing a serious injury. He tried to get round and drag me out of the car, but i managed to accelerate at a certain point of which he punched the side of my car as i passed him.
He then chased me like a madman around the local streets, he tried to cut me off at junctions, he mounted the pavement to try get past me, he was gesticulating like a lunatic for me to pull over. I myself had to do several dangerous things to prevent him from having the opportunity to drag me out of my car.
It was only when i circled the police station about 3 times, when the penny dropped and he fecked off.
I did go to the police, but they didnt seem to have any understanding of the experience that i'd just had. Basically i could have nailed him because i had a witness to his original offence when he smashed his door against mine. Unfortunately i got cold feet, because the police told me that i needed to fill in a form which basically was for me to declare that i was prepared to stand up in court against this person. At a time when i was really shaken i could not face the possibilty of seeing this lunatic again, so he got away with it and left my car with a dent in the door.
Looking back on it now and i realize that should have made him pay for what he done, and for the fact that he was complete utter bully, that had absolutely no control over his temper.
By not taking it further i've allowed this person to do the same again on another day to someone else. Thats what i regret.
Cate believe me, you should report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570