Road rage nutter on M6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cate i know exactly what emotions you are feeling from this incident, as i had a terrifying ordeal about a year ago. It still plays on my mind even now.

I was taking Mrs B to her mothers on a Sunday morning. It was just a 10 min trip that i do almost every week without the slightest bother.
That particular morning i was driving down a local road when a small white van pulled out and right into my path. I have no idea why he done it, as i was on the 'main' road and just driving at a normal pace. I had to change direction in order to avoid us hitting. We both pulled up window to window and exchanged our opinions on what happened.

The next 5-10 mins turned into a complete nightmare.

The only thing i said to the guy was ' what were you doing ' No verbal abuse from me or any signs of anger , just a question.
He immediately and unbelievably suggested that it was my fault and that i was a f*****g t**t.
WHAT ??
At this point i wasnt intimidated by him, but his comment made my blood boil. Regretfully i reacted and suggested to him that he was being the f*****g t**t.
Without any warning he opened his door and slammed it as hard as he could into the side of mine, and then drove off. Both Mrs BB and myself were shaken and in shock, so i decided that i would need to get his reg plate number. I eventually caught up with him, but by this time he had got out of his car and stood in the middle of the road, blocking my path. As much as i would like to have drove into him, i had to slow right down or otherwise i would probaly have been done for causing a serious injury. He tried to get round and drag me out of the car, but i managed to accelerate at a certain point of which he punched the side of my car as i passed him.
He then chased me like a madman around the local streets, he tried to cut me off at junctions, he mounted the pavement to try get past me, he was gesticulating like a lunatic for me to pull over. I myself had to do several dangerous things to prevent him from having the opportunity to drag me out of my car.
It was only when i circled the police station about 3 times, when the penny dropped and he fecked off.
I did go to the police, but they didnt seem to have any understanding of the experience that i'd just had. Basically i could have nailed him because i had a witness to his original offence when he smashed his door against mine. Unfortunately i got cold feet, because the police told me that i needed to fill in a form which basically was for me to declare that i was prepared to stand up in court against this person. At a time when i was really shaken i could not face the possibilty of seeing this lunatic again, so he got away with it and left my car with a dent in the door.
Looking back on it now and i realize that should have made him pay for what he done, and for the fact that he was complete utter bully, that had absolutely no control over his temper.
By not taking it further i've allowed this person to do the same again on another day to someone else. Thats what i regret.

Cate believe me, you should report it.

I did report it; they are doing feck all. Unfortunately I didnt have a witness so they wont prosecute. Its an awful thing to go through and it sounds like your situation was worse than mine.

Last edited:
I did report it; they are doing feck all. Unfortunately I didnt have a witness so they wont prosecute. Its an awful thing to go through and it sounds like your situation was worse than mine.

I also had the reg number. The police told me that even if i didnt fill the form in, they would still put the plate number into a system which would send a message to any police car thats within his range and to pull him over for a routine vehicle check. They said he wouldnt be aware that he was being pulled over because of the incident, so it gave me a small degree of satisfaction in thinking that if anything was defective about his van, he would get done.

The police told me that even if i didnt fill the form in, they would still put the plate number into a system which would send a message to any police car thats within his range and to pull him over for a routine vehicle check.

Does such a thing exist? Surely they need lawful grounds to stop a vehicle, and would be required to disclose those grounds to the driver being prevented from going about his business?

A few years ago i'd had a drink one night, and so Mrs BB drove home. Next thing we had the blue flashing light and we were pulled over. We had done nothing wrong, but they made Mrs BB sit in the back of the police car whilst questioning her. I thought that was out of order, and i didnt see why they needed to intimidate her by seperating her from me.
It might sound far fetched but after we had a couple of bogus police in our house not long before that incident, i did actually wonder who these 'police' were that stopped us.

2005 Grey Audi A4 Avant S Line TDI Auto.

Typical Knob car.

Try to take it as part of life. There are nutters around, thankfully we don't come accross them too often. Be positive, you're a far better person than them.

And a better driver, don't let it knock your confidence.

**** that shit, right up the pooper. What legislation gives them that power? Opportunities for serious misuse lie there.

Indeed. It doesn't just stop there, the way the police interpret various incidents and the law available to them can be "questionable" to say the least. Pity, as it does a disservice to those officers who do know what they're doing/supposed to do.

Why not claim on your insurance as you have the Registration number.

I witnessed a car in front of me hit a parked car and drive off in the snow almout a year ago. I was able to get my daughter in the car with me to take down the cars number and then I put a note on the parked cars windscreen with such number and my contact details.
I got the call later that day and she passed my details onto her insurance company . The claim was settled in the new year.

Why not claim on your insurance as you have the Registration number.

I witnessed a car in front of me hit a parked car and drive off in the snow almout a year ago. I was able to get my daughter in the car with me to take down the cars number and then I put a note on the parked cars windscreen with such number and my contact details.
I got the call later that day and she passed my details onto her insurance company . The claim was settled in the new year.

Claim for what? He didn't hit me as I managed to swerve on to the hard shoulder in time (both times).

I was really talking about BB's case as his door was damaged.
I suppose there is nothing to claim for in your case.
You have done all you can the Police should have done better.
Another moan about their incompetance perhaps is all you.can do.

I was really talking about BB's case as his door was damaged.
I suppose there is nothing to claim for in your case.
You have done all you can the Police should have done better.
Another moan about their incompetance perhaps is all you.can do.

I wasnt sure as you didnt quote anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670