Rob Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Fan said:
I liked the way Rob Kelly ordered the players over to clap the fans after the match. They all came over including RK and clapped the fans for about 70-80 seconds. This may not seem like much but it was just something you didn't see under CL.

This is a point that shouldn't be underestimated - coming over and clapping the fans etc. is the only bit of 'contact' that most fans get with the players and the only way that we can really get a feel for the way they feel about the club. Remember the bond that Tim Flowers got with the fans for doing his run and jump and punch the air celebration thing after the game every time we won? That's the way that fans can bond with players and create heroes etc. We appreciate them for coming over, they appreciate the reception they get, it's a virtuous cycle and the sort that we need to build through the whole club so that there's a good feeling about the place like there used to be. It started yesterday with the fans in full voice for the whole game and it needs to continue at home on Saturday.

Doggie_muz said:
This is a point that shouldn't be underestimated - coming over and clapping the fans etc. is the only bit of 'contact' that most fans get with the players and the only way that we can really get a feel for the way they feel about the club. Remember the bond that Tim Flowers got with the fans for doing his run and jump and punch the air celebration thing after the game every time we won? That's the way that fans can bond with players and create heroes etc. We appreciate them for coming over, they appreciate the reception they get, it's a virtuous cycle and the sort that we need to build through the whole club so that there's a good feeling about the place like there used to be. It started yesterday with the fans in full voice for the whole game and it needs to continue at home on Saturday.

Great post - so true, Walshie, Elliott, Lennon, Muzzy etc never needed telling, they wanted to come over....

It's pretty sad stuff when one day we have posters calling for the immediate installation of a new manager - then we win a game against a side that's approaching the stage of havng nothing to play for this season and the next daypeople start saying - 'oh we must keep Kelly - he's our main man!'

We are all grateful for three point - well done everyone - but keep a perspective on things please.

Doggie_muz said:
God I wish I was there....They better fecking well win and do it on Saturday, cus' i'm a season ticket holder:icon_razz

Redditch Fox agree with everything you have said.. Saturday will be the test can't remember when City have had back to back wins. Let's not get carried away quite just yet. Remember when we won away at Watford and then the very next game at home we lost!

suffolk fox said:
Redditch Fox agree with everything you have said.. Saturday will be the test can't remember when City have had back to back wins. Let's not get carried away quite just yet. Remember when we won away at Watford and then the very next game at home we lost!

Yes - I thought things would improve somewhat immediately the dead hand of Levein had gone...and we all know that Kelly was brought in independently of Levein and his fellow Scots (not that i'm blaming the Scots, Highland...some of our best managers have been from over the border).

I still think that it might be best to bring in a consultant - if we can find one of the right qualities - to provide some guidance and then look at the manager situation in the summer.

If we survive - and in the short term i think getting shut of Dublin & MDV will be costly when injuries kick in - we would probably be able to attract a better field.

If Kelly were to keep the job, do you think we would need a Director of Football? Kelly has no experience with the buisness side of the game.

This would be be my biggest concern if he was appointed, we are not the most financially stable club. or would the board take care of all that side?

As much as i would have liked Lennon, the same would go for him.

As far as I am aware not only is Kelly ill equiped to be our manager but he doesn't even want the job!!

Duzza said:
As far as I am aware not only is Kelly ill equiped to be our manager but he doesn't even want the job!!

Kevin Keegan didn't want the england job, untill he won a game ;)

Redditch Fox said:
It's pretty sad stuff when one day we have posters calling for the immediate installation of a new manager - then we win a game against a side that's approaching the stage of havng nothing to play for this season and the next daypeople start saying - 'oh we must keep Kelly - he's our main man!'

We are all grateful for three point - well done everyone - but keep a perspective on things please.

Hear hear, good post.

Feriol said:
If Kelly were to keep the job, do you think we would need a Director of Football? Kelly has no experience with the buisness side of the game.

This would be be my biggest concern if he was appointed, we are not the most financially stable club. or would the board take care of all that side?

As much as i would have liked Lennon, the same would go for him.

good call feriol, we really need a coach to coach them, no other distractions, and a manager to work the purse stings

Redditch Fox said:
Yes - I thought things would improve somewhat immediately the dead hand of Levein had gone...and we all know that Kelly was brought in independently of Levein and his fellow Scots (not that i'm blaming the Scots, Highland...some of our best managers have been from over the border).

I still think that it might be best to bring in a consultant - if we can find one of the right qualities - to provide some guidance and then look at the manager situation in the summer.

If we survive - and in the short term i think getting shut of Dublin & MDV will be costly when injuries kick in - we would probably be able to attract a better field.

As of tuesday we are able to sign players on loan again so dont be surprised to see 2 or 3 new players come in to fill some of the problem positions in the squad, I would have thought that by Tuesday the board will have appointed either the new man or given Kelly the gig until the end of the season. I expect to see a left back, centre half and right midfielder come in, IMO O'Grady will fill the targetman option as replacement for MDV / Dublin.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
As of tuesday we are able to sign players on loan again

Enlighten me A-Z... do they really close the loan transfer window for a few days and then reopen it until March? What is it: the FA Loan Player Dept's annual holiday? Who is in charge of this stuff? Ranieri? Levein?

And who would want to transfer a window?

Blimey, football is really getting weird now... :102:

DesertFox said:
Enlighten me A-Z... do they really close the loan transfer window for a few days and then reopen it until March? What is it: the FA Loan Player Dept's annual holiday? Who is in charge of this stuff? Ranieri? Levein?

And who would want to transfer a window?

Blimey, football is really getting weird now... :102:

For some reason, and it happened with the other transfer window as well, it shuts for a week before reopening to clubs outside the premiership to sign loan players.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
For some reason, and it happened with the other transfer window as well, it shuts for a week before reopening to clubs outside the premiership to sign loan players.

Presumably so they can sort all of their paperwork out. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669