Robbie Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Expecting my head to be ripped off here :icon_lol: but does anyone else really like him as a pundit? Must say I didn't like him at first but he's really grown on me and I find his attitude of not taking himself too seriously a refreshing change from the usual dour pundits who churn out the same cliches.

Last edited:
I've also come to liking him as a pundit, he has an opinion on everything and isn't as irritating as Garth Crooks!

I think my initial dislike of him as a pundit may have been clouded by my dislike of him as a Derby player though. Whereas now he's left them and retired and that's died down I can look at him as a good servent of ours again.

Last edited:
Robbie Savage has always been a smart cookie. He put together a long and lucrative career without being particularly gifted - as MON once said something like "If only he could play football". He's now grown up beyond being an ex-pro making insider comments. He's got a decent style as a pundit.

He's a long haired, loud mouthed ****, apart from that he's great

He insulted an ignorant bint I'm none too keen on, on Twitter.

From that moment on he can do little wrong. And as a loud-mouthed **** who used to have long hair I kind of empathise with him.

Anyone see Footy Focus Live last week where he said if he had £100m and could buy any Club hewould choose Derby County!!! The others were asked the same question Lawrenson for instance said Preston NE.

Last edited:
Anyone see Footy Focus Live last week where he said if he had £100m and coild buy any would choose Derby County!!! The others were asked the same question Lawrenson for instance said Preston NE.

No, but it's understandable as there's plenty he could do with the £99,500,000 change.

Last edited:
Anyone see Footy Focus Live last week where he said if he had £100m and could buy any Club hewould choose Derby County!!! The others were asked the same question Lawrenson for instance said Preston NE.

No. No, I didn't because that would mean watching a TV programme that featured Robbie Savage, which only a **** would do.

Expecting my head to be ripped off here :icon_lol: but does anyone else really like him as a pundit? Must say I didn't like him at first but he's really grown on me and I find his attitude of not taking himself too seriously a refreshing change from the usual dour pundits who churn out the same cliches.
Christ, what's going on now? What I can guess from the few times I've heard that shitty phone-in he does with the bloke who killed John Lennon is that whenever anyone disagrees with him he just raises his voice and shouts "you don't know what you're talking about" or similar over and over again until they either back down or get cut off. Every sentence starts with "to be fair", he's got an annoying, abrasive style and he's wrong so often, it's as if he's never played the game.

Maybe I've just heard the bad bits :102:

I bear no ill feeling towards Savage, he is who he is, a pantomime villain who has long blonde hair and looks preposterous when screaming round a football pitch. As a pundit I have no opinion either way....he was a good servant to the club so best of luck to him.

He's full of his own self-importance and a fairly unpleasant individual from my experience....

Christ, what's going on now? What I can guess from the few times I've heard that shitty phone-in he does with the bloke who killed John Lennon is that whenever anyone disagrees with him he just raises his voice and shouts "you don't know what you're talking about" or similar over and over again until they either back down or get cut off. Every sentence starts with "to be fair", he's got an annoying, abrasive style and he's wrong so often, it's as if he's never played the game.

Maybe I've just heard the bad bits :102:
To be fair though he is Welsh.

The BBC employ him as a "character" pundit who has a big mouth and likes the sound of his own voice and for some reason people like him. He got further in Strictly than better dancers because he "tried hard" just like he did at football and people like that and his cheeky nature. We will see a lot more of Mr Savage I reckon, they might even give him his own show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566