Rock Band - 360/PS3/Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Anyone got this? I'm really tempted to get it - it's a bit pricey, but I had a go on guitar hero 3 the other and it was quite fun. It's coming out on the wii in the summer with bonus tracks so I might get it then and wait for some reviews and such like to come in, and see what downloadable content comes out for it.

Surely it's got to be worth it just to play 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' on there :icon_lol:

I played it once and thought it was the most pointless thing that I have ever done in my entire life.
Several minutes were stolen from me and I ain't never getting them back.

If you want to play the guitar, then buy a guitar. If you want to play the drums, buy yourself a drumkit. For pity's sake don't stand there looking like a spastic in front of your TV with a piece of plastic pretending to play the guitar, it's very, very sad.

Lol - I have been a guitar player for probably around 8 years now. I can say that it's totally different playing a real guitar to playing a game that is based around making music. The bottom line is that I thought guitar hero was a fun game, end of - before I played it I also thought "what's the point when I can just play the real thing?"

Actually a good point that summarises this is a post I read on this forum a long time ago about driving cars and playing racing games - the two are totally different but you wouldn't say "why play so and so racing game, just go out and buy a real car instead" would you?

Anyway, I ordered it last night, so I look forward to trying it out next week. It's bloody expensive but there aren't many other games due out this year that I'm planning on picking up so I thought I might as well see what all the fuss is about..

Actually a good point that summarises this is a post I read on this forum a long time ago about driving cars and playing racing games - the two are totally different but you wouldn't say "why play so and so racing game, just go out and buy a real car instead" would you?

I think the huge difference there for me is that driving games can be fun, challenging and can maintain your interest. Rock Band is pressing buttons in time with some, f*cking horrific, music.

I defy anybody to play Rock Band without looking like a complete cock.

I think the huge difference there for me is that driving games can be fun, challenging and can maintain your interest. Rock Band is pressing buttons in time with some, f*cking horrific, music.

I defy anybody to play Rock Band without looking like a complete cock.

you don't have to head bang or go crazy just because you are holding a controller that resembles a guitar...

the music is a mixture of various styles, I know there is a Bon Jovi song on there, I've seen Boston, Iron Maiden, Muse, Oasis, The Police, Aerosmith, The Killers, Black Sabbath, RHCP, Radiohead, Deep Purple, The Rolling Stones - there is even some ****ing weird german metal shit on there apparently... and then there is likely to be regularly updated downloadable content added.

it's all down to personal taste, I'm not a big fan of driving games as I lose interest in them unless they are futuristic involving weapons or unless it has Nintendo characters in it basically... (i.e. Mario Kart/ Diddy Kong Racing). I wasn't keen on the idea of the guitar games at first as I thought just like you but upon trying GH3 the other day I quite enjoyed it and this Rock Band effort is meant to be a great multiplayer game for when you have a few mates round and such..

you don't have to head bang or go crazy just because you are holding a controller that resembles a guitar...

the music is a mixture of various styles, I know there is a Bon Jovi song on there, I've seen Boston, Iron Maiden, Muse, Oasis, The Police, Aerosmith, The Killers, Black Sabbath, RHCP, Radiohead, Deep Purple, The Rolling Stones - there is even some ****ing weird german metal shit on there apparently... and then there is likely to be regularly updated downloadable content added.

it's all down to personal taste, I'm not a big fan of driving games as I lose interest in them unless they are futuristic involving weapons or unless it has Nintendo characters in it basically... (i.e. Mario Kart/ Diddy Kong Racing). I wasn't keen on the idea of the guitar games at first as I thought just like you but upon trying GH3 the other day I quite enjoyed it and this Rock Band effort is meant to be a great multiplayer game for when you have a few mates round and such..

Headbanging??? I think you've misunderstood me Shaun, what I meant was, I defy anybody to play Rock Band without looking like a complete cock.

the music is a mixture of various styles, I know there is a Bon Jovi song on there, I've seen Boston, Iron Maiden, Muse, Oasis, The Police, Aerosmith, The Killers, Black Sabbath, RHCP, Radiohead, Deep Purple, The Rolling Stones - there is even some ****ing weird german metal shit on there apparently...

Yeah, like I said, F*cking horrific

It sure is down to personal taste and I hope you have lots of fun

Well guys I've had this game a few days now and I'm loving it as expected, particularly good in multiplayer, it really does make for an excellent karaoke-type party game. There is a lot to be done in the game and I would say it has introduced me to music that I wouldn't have listened to, for example - I have really enjoyed the following songs that I normally wouldn't ever have listened to:

Faith No More - Epic
The Killers - When You Were Young
9 Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds
Garbage - Paranoid
Aerosmith - Train Kept A Rollin'

Also we have a smattering of classic rock/metal songs, such as:

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
Boston - More Than A Feeling
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Black Crowes - Hard To Handle
Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
Metallica - Enter Sandman

obviously the game benefits a great deal from the fact that you can download extra songs for it, new ones seem to be added fairly regularly... (each week up until now atleast)

I'm hoping to see some more classic songs released for this as the majority of songs tend to be geared more towards the emo/ indie crowd in my opinion..

The main issue with the whole thing is the price, £140 for the game and all 'controllers' (guitar/ usb mic and drums) it's obviously not cheap but, I would still say it still represents good value for money if you are a big music fan and can see yourself using it lots..

also if you already have a guitar hero controller for the 360 it will most likely work with this game, meaning you can obviously just buy the game for £40 and just use it for the guitar parts in the songs, or indeed, have guitar and bass in there if you have the two guitar controllers available.

Last edited:
I played it once and thought it was the most pointless thing that I have ever done in my entire life.
Several minutes were stolen from me and I ain't never getting them back.
You want to get your arse over to the walkers macky....

I've just noticed through the X-Box website that Shaun is playing this tonight.

Sad bastard, Friday night and he's sat in front of a screen doing f**k all exciting with his life.

What a Loooooooooser!!!!!!

I've heard that Metallica will be releasing their next single on Rock Band before it's actually released for sale.

I've heard that Metallica will be releasing their next single on Rock Band before it's actually released for sale.

it wouldn't surprise me, Def Leppard did that with guitar hero 3 recently. I do think it's a good idea, it's something a bit different and allows you to connect with a song a bit more than usual I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363