• Cumberland

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What an offal thread this has turned out to be - truly the wurst

Well, they say you reap what you sow.

Nobodys come. Nobodys gone.
Apart from Been.

I am not expecting people to agree with me here but I am just not convinced sacking Rodgers will work out well in the long term. Just the club is not performing at the level we think it should, that does not mean a manager we can attract to replace Rodgers will be better. Look at Burnley sacking Dyche and Chelsea sacking Tuchel. The replacements in both cases did not succeed in what they were appointed to do.

I believe Rodgers deserves the breathing space to steer us out of this bad patch because of what he has achieved:
  • Our first ever FA Cup win.
  • A Community Shield for only the second time in our history.
  • Our fourth highest top-flight finish of all time, twice in a row.
I know you could say "but he inherited on a good, established top-flight team" but so did Peter Taylor in 2000 and look how quickly he managed too **** it up with the likes of Junior Lewis and Lee Marshall.

I am not saying Rodgers is perfect and amazing. For example, I think too many of his signings have been flops and that is an issue. The best players in the Rodgers era are mainly thanks to a man named Claude Puel. Objectively, however, he is one of the best managers in Leicester City history because if you compare him to, say, Bloomfield and O'Neill, they never managed fifth place twice in a row, a European quarter-final or an FA Cup win.

We have to bear in mind, this is Leicester City. Before 2016, all we'd ever won was three league cups and the Community Shield in 1972.

I am not expecting people to agree with me here but I am just not convinced sacking Rodgers will work out well in the long term. Just the club is not performing at the level we think it should, that does not mean a manager we can attract to replace Rodgers will be better. Look at Burnley sacking Dyche and Chelsea sacking Tuchel. The replacements in both cases did not succeed in what they were appointed to do.

I believe Rodgers deserves the breathing space to steer us out of this bad patch because of what he has achieved:
  • Our first ever FA Cup win.
  • A Community Shield for only the second time in our history.
  • Our fourth highest top-flight finish of all time, twice in a row.
I know you could say "but he inherited on a good, established top-flight team" but so did Peter Taylor in 2000 and look how quickly he managed too **** it up with the likes of Junior Lewis and Lee Marshall.

I am not saying Rodgers is perfect and amazing. For example, I think too many of his signings have been flops and that is an issue. The best players in the Rodgers era are mainly thanks to a man named Claude Puel. Objectively, however, he is one of the best managers in Leicester City history because if you compare him to, say, Bloomfield and O'Neill, they never managed fifth place twice in a row, a European quarter-final or an FA Cup win.

We have to bear in mind, this is Leicester City. Before 2016, all we'd ever won was three league cups and the Community Shield in 1972.
My issues with Rodgers are not his achievements with us, which are reasonably impressive.

My issue personally is the total lack of interest he has in the club and the disrespect he shows to fans by blaming them and not acknowledging his clear, consistent failures even slightly.
Add to this that our injury list cannot possibly be a coincidence and the backwards progressive of many of our players and relationships with the staff and I think we need a change.
Plus the fact that he is reportedly on the 3rd highest manager salary in the league and not performing to a standard that reflects that.

We cannot afford to totally overhaul the squad, so there is only one option in my opinion.

My issues with Rodgers are not his achievements with us, which are reasonably impressive.

My issue personally is the total lack of interest he has in the club and the disrespect he shows to fans by blaming them and not acknowledging his clear, consistent failures even slightly.
Add to this that our injury list cannot possibly be a coincidence and the backwards progressive of many of our players and relationships with the staff and I think we need a change.
Plus the fact that he is reportedly on the 3rd highest manager salary in the league and not performing to a standard that reflects that.

We cannot afford to totally overhaul the squad, so there is only one option in my opinion.

Those are all valid points. Are you saying there is something in Rodgers' management style that causes all these injuries? I'm not disagreeing necessarily but could you elaborate on that?

I guess you're right about the backwards progression of players. I assume you're thinking of people like Soyuncu and Perez?

Those are all valid points. Are you saying there is something in Rodgers' management style that causes all these injuries? I'm not disagreeing necessarily but could you elaborate on that?

I guess you're right about the backwards progression of players. I assume you're thinking of people like Soyuncu and Perez?
And Ndidi and Vardy and Thomas and Castagne and Barnes all of whom look woefully out of form.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463