Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BR wants to manage another 'big six' team and he knows that won't be Liverpool. Any opportunity he gets to go to one of the others, he will be on the motorway in a heartbeat.

His career plan (which he has discussed in interviews) is to prove himself at the top level in the PL and then manage overseas (Spain) and then go into international management. He takes his career extremely seriously as we saw when he ditched Celtic so easily. He sees us as a stepping stone to get a bigger job and progress that career plan. He will trust his ability to make any of the big sides successful irrespective of what state they are in currently.

If Chelsea want BR, he will go there. You don't go from Leicester to Real Madrid/Barcelona, you only go to that sort of job from one of the big PL sides.

BR is currently 4th favourite to be the next Chelsea and Man Utd manager, 2nd favourite to be the next Arsenal manager, and favourite to be the next Man City manager.

He's going to one of these clubs at some point. It's just a case of when.
You’ve ruined my day, you realistic bastard

You’ve ruined my day, you realistic bastard
Nah, it's opinion. Nothing set in stone.

I dunno, did Rodgers "ditch Celtic", easily or otherwise? I could argue he had little else to prove and had shown his loyalty by staying the amount of time he did. It must have been all a bit boring, not to mention limiting, for him.

At Leicester, he has more scope and can achieve an aim of proving himself in the PL. He can win with us just as much as he can win with Chelsea. Indeed, one might argue he proves himself more with us given the differences in resource levels. (And let's not kid ourselves, we're hardly skint are we?) Nah, with the project that is Leicester, he's in a prime position to shine his own light and advance his personal agenda.

I'd also quibble over whether Barca/RM (et al) would only take a proven PL 'big club' manager. I don't know the history of eithers appointments but I'd wager the odd 'outsider' has snuck through. Yes, you're more in the shop window but I'd never say never (except just then, when I said it twice)

Yes, one day, Rodgers will go one day but I see no nailed on reason to suggest that it'll be by the end of this month (when Lampard's gone ;) )

Hopefully Lampard will remain mediocre but be able to pull off enough results to save his bacon until at least the end of the season.

BR will never manage Barca or Real Madrid.................FACT

If we get CL he's going nowhere. And stop even mentioning Arsenal.

I think BR is intelligent enough to know that Chelsea or Arsenal would be career suicide at the moment, there is too much work needs doing and he won't get the time. He can't afford to fail at a big club again if he is to achieve his ambition.

Tottenham would be an interesting prospect for him and j think he would do well, but their investment doesn't match their ambition so his prospects aren't necessarily better than here.

I think he would do well with Man United's young players given a bit of time which he is more likely to get there.

Man City would be the dream job, I feel he is sure to do well there if he is patient enough to wait.

His career plan (which he has discussed in interviews) is to prove himself at the top level in the PL and then manage overseas (Spain) and then go into international management...
Any chance he could take over from the waistcoat wanker just for the summer?

The only club set up that I think would be a step up from us at the moment is Man City (Liverpool being ruled out as earlier mentioned). They have owners with the deepest of pockets and have invested heavily in every department on and off the pitch.

Meanwhile, Man U and Arsenal are basket cases in the boardroom. Who would want to work in that situation? I think any manager that goes there is as likely to go backwards as go forwards.

The only club set up that I think would be a step up from us at the moment is Man City (Liverpool being ruled out as earlier mentioned). They have owners with the deepest of pockets and have invested heavily in every department on and off the pitch.

Meanwhile, Man U and Arsenal are basket cases in the boardroom. Who would want to work in that situation? I think any manager that goes there is as likely to go backwards as go forwards.
You forget the ego that these people posses. They will all think that they are the exception who can do better than all before them.

A lot of fans on here seem to think that Brenda will jump to one of the ‘big six’ clubs that comes calling on his way to managing Real Madrid, PSG, or Bayern Munich.

With considerable resources available, including possibly the best training facility in Europe, is it entirely possible that Brenda will go for Plan B and make LCFC a permanent part of the ’big seven’?

A lot of fans on here seem to think that Brenda will jump to one of the ‘big six’ clubs that comes calling on his way to managing Real Madrid, PSG, or Bayern Munich.

With considerable resources available, including possibly the best training facility in Europe, is it entirely possible that Brenda will go for Plan B and make LCFC a permanent part of the ’big seven’?

Sadly no. It is completely impossible that will happen. Very few players or managers think that way and BR certainly doesn't. I'd be amazed if BR is our manager at the start of the 22/23 season. At most, we have 18 months before he moves on.

Where are the considerable resources coming from?

Even with the Stadium expansion our resources can best be described as above average and far from significant.

Where are the considerable resources coming from?

Even with the Stadium expansion our resources can best be described as above average and far from significant.

Quite. Any manager of Leicester has to buy into us selling a main asset every season and spending only the proceeds of that sale on new recruits.

If anyone seriously thinks BR wouldn't trade that in for being given a much bigger budget, they're delusional.

A few of the 'big clubs' have much bigger stadia than ours. Chelsea does not, and I am sure its training facilities are not as good either. They certainly know how to piss money away on very expensive players that either cannot or will not play to their potential. Look at how much money Man City threw at players before they had a decent team that seriously challenged for the title.
The only 'waste' we have had in recent years has been Slimani. I am quite happy that we have recruitment, training and medical facilities that allow us to attract and develop some of the best players in the league.
I think we are now a big club. I am sure that many of the Chelsea team last night were wishing they were playing for us rather than them!

we always have the option of getting actual sponsors for the shirt and stadium, the owners don't need them as a way to put money in to spend

I think we are now a big club. I am sure that many of the Chelsea team last night were wishing they were playing for us rather than them!

The salaries of the Chelsea line up last night (according to spotrac)

Mendy - £75k p/w
James - £100k p/w
Rudiger - £100k p/w
Silva - £110k p/w
Chilwell - £190k p/w (yes really)
Mount - £88k p/w
Kovacic - £100k p/w
Havertz - £140k p/w
Hudson-Odoi - £120k p/w
Abraham - £58k p/w
Pulisic - £159k p/w

None of these players would consider signing for us because they can make much more where they are. Chilwell was on £65k a week with us last season. Do you not think that his team mates are well aware of how he has increased his income by leaving us?

Maguire went from £90k p/w at City to £190k p/w at Man Utd. And so on.

Money talks and we don't have anything like enough to compete with these clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363