Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a great man manager.

I think that he is totally hopless at motivation.

I think he's a great man manager.

I think that he is totally hopless at motivation.
3rd in the league and an FA cup final. Please just read your last sentence again.

I don't think he's good at Big Game motivation. Generaly accross the season, yes. When we need to step up, not so much.

We have had managers in the past with side-kicks (O'Niell did, Pearson did) that may have been able to add something extra - Good Cop/Bad Cop. I think we know where Rodgers is with his plus and minus points.

The teams that have beaten us (at home particularly) haven't done anything clever, they've just been committed in doing it. We seem to lack that urgency and bite.
I accept that we've had a decent season to get where we are but watching results like last night makes you wonder how the **** we've ended up as far as we've gotten. All the opposition has to do is have a solid low block and we will simply fail to create space with movement off the ball. We also rely far too much on Maddison when he's in the team. Last night the majority of his passes were behind the player, let alone straight to their feet. He's absolutely incapable of playing on the break and slows us down every single time we try to counter. The rest of his passes were hopeless deliveries into the box where one of our players, usually Iheanacho, had about 3 players marking him. It's never boring watching your own club because of the crushing anxiety but I assume neutrals find our sideways passing in front of a low block extremely ****ing boring.

Reality check.

BR has the best win rate of any City manager ever. He's also the only manager we've had to have a win rate over 50%.

He's better than NP when we won League 1. Better than Ranieri, O'Neill, Bloomfield, Gillies or anyone else you care to name. And BR has done it all at the top end of the top league.

Yes, he makes mistakes and there are flaws to his approach. But we are Leicester City and we absolutely cannot do better.

Reality check.

BR has the best win rate of any City manager ever. He's also the only manager we've had to have a win rate over 50%.

He's better than NP when we won League 1. Better than Ranieri, O'Neill, Bloomfield, Gillies or anyone else you care to name. And BR has done it all at the top end of the top league.

Yes, he makes mistakes and there are flaws to his approach. But we are Leicester City and we absolutely cannot do better.
Spot on.
Reality check is the phrase to emphasise.

All the opposition has to do is have a solid low block and we will simply fail to create space with movement off the ball.
That's it innit? The blueprint to shut us out. Add in a turnover, a quick break (helped out by the acres of space we leave with our high press) and you've got us turning, running back. It must be common knowledge by now.

Reality check.

Yeh but where's the Passion.

Reality check is the phrase to emphasise.

You're talking of 2 different realities. The reality of the stats, of our table position, and the reality of games like last night. You might want to emphasise the former (and, of course, I see it and am calmed by it) but I feel the anguish of the latter.

I certainly don't dispute those measures that decide our position and I fully acknowledge that, by those objective measures, we are doing incredibly well. But the doesn't preclude me being incredibly pissed off with the way we play sometimes, and it's that 'pissed off' that I'm expressing.

Too right

Battling for the top four with three games to go, and getting prepared for our first FA Cup Final in fifty years is as far as he could ever possibly take us

Dump the failure now before we have to suffer any more
We won't finish in the top 4 and we will be runners up in the F. A cup
Everyone outside of Leicester will consider that a failure especially as last season we were miles ahead and this season we blew it again despite having umpteen chances to already finish in the top 4.
We won't win another game this season, watch as Chelsea, breeze past us along with WHU, Liverpool, and Tottenham.
It's the expectation that kills you.

It's what Tottenham normally do each season and yet they get derided for it.

We won't finish in the top 4 and we will be runners up in the F. A cup
Everyone outside of Leicester will consider that a failure especially as last season we were miles ahead and this season we blew it again despite having umpteen chances to already finish in the top 4.
We won't win another game this season, watch as Chelsea, breeze past us along with WHU, Liverpool, and Tottenham.
It's the expectation that kills you.

It's what Tottenham normally do each season and yet they get derided for it.

I'm probably more confident about our remaining games than our last 2. We always try and bore the likes of Southampton and Newcastle into letting us walk through them. We are less likely to take that approach against better sides.

I am still in the 'I'll moan properly when we are in a relegation battle' camp.
i hate the 'top 6' fans who think it's their teams divine right to win and dominate every game / always be at top form. THe only fans who have any excuse to act in an entitled way are Man City, Chelsea, Man Yoo and Liverpool who's teams have either spent enough and/or performed consistently at the level to EXPECT to at least be in the top 3 and at the thick end of the cups. Spurs, Arsenal and us shouldn't be surprised if we beat Liverpool but then lose to Newcastle or a team fighting for survival. Same for Everton and West Ham.

Our players by definition are overperforming vs their expected position and so when they perform poorly I'm not going to get the hatchet out for the boss or for the structure. Moan at shit play or a shit decision , but post the game it shouldn't be a placards out situation.

Fofana, Castagne, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Tielemans are all under 25 and none of them have massive, personal experience of seeing through a top season, Witn the possible exception of Tielemans. They will be worse under pressure, lose confidence when we would hope they kick on and still need to get a personal achievement under their belts to give them the inate confidence to do it consistently.

Schmeichel and Vardy do have experience of seeing things through under pressure BUT they had a backs to the wall 'we will not concede' mentality of Huth, Morgan, Fuchs and SImpson at the back - whereas we are trying to play a dominant game from the half way line to build sustainable dominance. It's the right approach, but it's fraught with danger.
They also had the Industry of Albrighton, Drinkwater and Okazaki matched to the sheer class of Mahrez and Kante (who have gone on to win every accolade in the world game between them) supporting them.
We have Ndidi and Maddison who aren't at the level of their predecessors yet in their respective positions.

If we end up finishing 5th again and lose the FA Cup Final. We will STILL have outperformed other big clubs. We will STILL have outperformed our own benchmark from last season in points an cup runs all while competing in Europa League.

All of this without our key advantage of massive HOME upport, delivering points that we are now routinely losing.

I'm going to try and remember who we are and be grateful for what an amazing club we have and the experiences its bringing / will bring , rather than get sucked down the negative loop that Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd fans are in. Their bitterness at every set back must make the experience of supporting their club a ****ing misery, and that's something none of us really need to add in to the mix at the moment.

Up the CIty.

ps: i might still moan slightly if soyuncu does a cruyff turn to their striker in the next game and fofana gets outjumped by a man who hasn't scored in 5 years. But i'll knock it on the head quickly.

pps: I'm glad last night SKY knocked the shock and awe approach on the head, of seeing a man observing a religious practice observed by 25% of the world's population like it was a 1960's documentary about a recently discovered indigenous tribe. ****ing embarassing to follow Muslim players around the pitch to show them breaking their fast like it was some sort of curiosity...

I’ll happily criticise him again and again and again - especially after complete ****ing shitfests like last night and the Southampton game. If I was in the ground I’d be screaming at the ****er, for being a complete bellend

But we’ve been a top 4 challenger for two seasons running.
And we’re in an FA Cup final FFS

If you think we can do better than a Manager who can achieve all of that, then you’re an absolutely deluded entitled ****wit

We are less likely to take that approach against better sides.
And we do seem to do better against sides that try to play football* against us.

(*You know what I mean; the game that makes the purists cream themselves. Personally, I have a respect for teams that play fast, physical and direct and don't piss about with the tiki-taka stuff. I even have a grudging semi-respect for shithousers. You play to your strengths)

whereas we are trying to play a dominant game from the half way line to build sustainable dominance. It's the right approach, but it's fraught with danger.
I see that. You're right of course. We (well, I) see it and go off the deep end about it when it goes tits up - but it is a necessary tactic to support the way we're trying (and still learning in fairness) to play.

I'd still like to see us move the ball more quickly before the opposition sets its defence though. I realise it's a balance between that and not turning over the ball cheaply but I do feel that we are sometimes a little too cautious. We end up banging our heads against the wall trying to find a way through a low block.

I know it seems paradoxical, but the hatred for top 6 clubs and their entitled supporters is partially what makes me disappointed that it looks like we will bottle it again. I'm desperate for us to crash their party.

I’ll happily criticise him again and again and again - especially after complete ****ing shitfests like last night and the Southampton game. If I was in the ground I’d be screaming at the ****er, for being a complete bellend

But we’ve been a top 4 challenger for two seasons running.
And we’re in an FA Cup final FFS

If you think we can do better than a Manager who can achieve all of that, then you’re an absolutely deluded entitled ****wit

This. Its fine to piss and moan at individual moments and games. But as a whole we are doing ****ing unbelievable under Rodgers.

I doubt very much that we can do better atm.

However, I know that BR can do a lot ****ing better in certain situations, and he has a lot of improving to do.

Just because he's better than others (possibly) doesn't mean his ****ups shouldn't be called out.

Put it this way, he will not get a move to a bigger club based on his current flaws, and as a result we are the best he can do as well.

I doubt very much that we can do better atm.

However, I know that BR can do a lot ****ing better in certain situations, and he has a lot of improving to do.

Just because he's better than others (possibly) doesn't mean his ****ups shouldn't be called out.

Put it this way, he will not get a move to a bigger club based on his current flaws, and as a result we are the best he can do as well.
Said something similar last year. Two entities on the cusp but not quite there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363