Rodgers gone: What does the team think on the relegation question now?

Has the news come in time to save us?

• No - we're still going down

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Yes - the Championship can wait for at least another year!

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
At the time the sacking was announced, we were voting 42 to 4 that we would go down. So...

It's a glimmer of light. We will hopefully see a change and maybe that'll be enough....it's not like we'll need a shit load of points.

We have a lot of big games at home against teams around us, we have a better chance now he’s gone!

If someone comes in and says the opposite of what that confidence sucking rat has been saying we'll stay up

The concern is that Top plays by the book: I fear that he is too much of a gent to have a replacement lined up. We could drift out of this league without a new manager.

The concern is that Top plays by the book: I fear that he is too much of a gent to have a replacement lined up. We could drift out of this league without a new manager.
Weren’t we supposedly sounding out Potter earlier in the season, before Chelsea jumped in? I’m sure someone said that on here and, if so, it would imply we could have been asking around while Rodgers was still in place.

Very different to when we got rid of Puel, when Rodgers had clearly been lined up for some time and we just executed the plan early.

If someone comes in and says the opposite of what that confidence sucking rat has been saying we'll stay up
I do feel there's genuinely a lot of truth to that. I reckon Rodgers, whether he knows it/appreciates it or not, does undermine a player's confidence. We've a number of players, near husks of their former selves, who are better players than their performances would indicate. I'm convinced that we're nowhere near as shit as we seem, it's just that Rodgers had them confused and frightened.

I think it was Birtles that was co-commentator on the stream I was watching yesterday (miserable scrote whoever it was) but they did say something I agreed with; players should be playing on instinct. Rodgers had our lot over thinking their game and they've become uncertain as a result, not knowing how to play.

Still think we waited too long.
We definitely waited too long… but there is a chance. Still a chance. It all depends on whether there is a tune to be had. I think there is. If the right personality can come in and say words to the effect of, ‘prove that prick wrong’ then we might just see a response.

Are the bulk of the players good enough or are we clutching at straws with this set of players? I know they’ve been coached and many horrendously. But are they also not actually as good as some of us may think?

Are the bulk of the players good enough or are we clutching at straws with this set of players? I know they’ve been coached and many horrendously. But are they also not actually as good as some of us may think?
The majority of them were good enough to win the FA Cup and get two 5th place finishes.

True. But I’m talking about now.

I just don’t see sufficient quality across the squad.
I think it’s impossible to judge the quality with this charlatan in charge.

The players are good enough. They just haven't been playing for the jersey. They all need a ****ing rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566