Rodgers gone: What does the team think on the relegation question now?

Has the news come in time to save us?

• No - we're still going down

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Yes - the Championship can wait for at least another year!

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't really be surprised to be in a relegation fight. We have basically lost the spine of the team from the successful years: Kasper has gone, Evans is a long term injury and age has caught up with Vards. Something odd happened last summer when Rodgers thought he was going to sign 6 - 8 players (let's not refight whose fault that was, but it clearly unsettled the squad).

I have been loyal to BR so, you'd expect me to say this is a poor decision. I think it is because we have ten games left - two in the next seven days - I can't see anyone being in before these. If we were to appoint a new manager after that, it will take a couple of games to get to grips with things and then, the chance has gone.

I am not pretending that I would have been pleased were we to have sacked Rodgers earlier, but we should either have acted a month ago, or see out the season under his tenure.

The players are good enough. We sure as hell haven't the best squad in the league but neither have we the worst. Managers at other clubs have gotten their lot playing, that's the big difference imo. I reckon our lot lost confidence and belief ages ago. They've been running around trying to please, on rare occasions clicking, but generally not understanding/believing what they're doing. Rodgers was too hell bent on his own direction to see anything else.

So was the guy managing them...
That is a very good point. For me, Rodgers was the man problem. But the players have also regressed and that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Some of them are good enough, but need to get rid of those that are just not good enough.
Bertrand, Vetergaard, Amartey, Ward, Praet, Daka, Iheanacho, Soumare, Tete (maybe)

Vardy & Evans need to retire
Thomas needs to go on loan
Tielemans left months ago
Maddison needs to be told if he doesn't perform in the next 10 games, Lcfc will not sell him and he has to stay for another season. Yes I realise we would lose money if that was the case, but he's stopped trying to hard and needs an incentive to get him to play well again.

Last edited:
That is a very good point. For me, Rodgers was the man problem. But the players have also regressed and that shouldn’t be overlooked.
A lot of the problem seems to be fitness and that won't be easy to fix quickly, BR sending them off for a week of R&R in the international break was dumb.

Some of them are good enough, but need to get rid of those that are just not good enough.
Bertrand, Vetergaard, Amartey, Ward, Praet, Daka, Iheanacho, Soumare, Tete (maybe)

Vardy & Evans need to retire
Thomas needs to go on loan
Tielemans left months ago
Maddison needs to be told if he doesn't perform in the next 10 games, Lcfc will not sell him and he has to stay for another season. Yes I realise we would lose money if that was the case, but he's stopped trying to hard and needs an incentive to get him to play well again.
Yeah. That'll spur Maddison right on.

He's the only player who has turned up this season. Threatening him is just blind stupidity.

All of this will only be proved by time. If no positive reaction and form continues as it - between now and the end of the season - was Rodgers still the main problem?

Jersey? Jersey? We're not playing soccer ball you know?! Disgraceful.
Fun fact. Did you know that in AFL they call the shirts a Guernsey?

What does the team think on the relegation question now?

Boc, just on the poll question, do you mean team as in us lot on hete, or the LCFC players?

If the former, aww bless you Boc, calling the collective "us" a team.

If the latter, **** knows. I'm not even sure they have the capacity to think.

Boc, just on the poll question, do you mean team as in us lot on here, or the LCFC players?

If the former, aww bless you Boc, calling the collective "us" a team.

If the latter, **** knows. I'm not even sure they have the capacity to think.
Yes, us. Me, you, Jeff and all the others. I was speaking in BBC style. You're probably too young to remember the Light Programme and the eponymous panel game show.

On your last point I'm sure the players have the ability to think. It's just that they haven't been allowed to do so recently. Let's hope they get back to it, starting tonight. Six points today and Saturday and we'll all be wondering what we were worrying about.

Fun fact. Did you know that in AFL they call the shirts a Guernsey?
What do they call them in the ASFL? I've always wondered and I imagine you would be the one to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566