Ronnie Biggs

Should Biggs stay in jail or be released

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Great train robber Ronnie Biggs was rushed to hospital for a suspected broken hip.
On Friday there is a chance he will be released on parole.
His health is considered to be very poor after various medical problems.
Is it now a waste time locking up this old lag ? Or should he serve as long as possible ?

Serve as long as possible, he did a bad crime, deal with the punishment. He knew the consequences if he got caught and he did.

Let him rot. He spent years evading the law. If he wanted to live out his old age as a free man, he should have done his time when he had the chance.

If we let him out he's got no money. We'd still be paying for his accomodation. Fvck him, let him rot.

If he comes out they should let Harry Roberts out too.

Harry Roberts has done his time twice over,

I thought Biggs was dead,he's been standing at deaths door for as long as I can remember

Taking the piss out of 'The Establishment' is the only thing that warrants a long, strict sentence.

come on biggs, pop your clogs and give me the death list lead...

No sympathy from this quarter.
He didn't show any sympathy when he was stealing, **** him (not literally!).

From the BBC:

The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs has been refused parole by Justice Secretary Jack Straw.

Mr Straw rejected a recommendation by the Parole Board which backed the release of Biggs, 79.

The news comes as his solicitor revealed that Biggs, who is in hospital after breaking his hip in a fall, had "taken a turn for the worse".

Giovanni di Stefano said Biggs' son Michael was on his way to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

Biggs, who is being held in Norwich Prison, is in hospital after breaking his hip in a fall at the weekend.

The Parole Board report said the risk Biggs posed was "manageable under the proposed risk management plan and consequently parole is recommended".

Biggs was a member of the 15-strong gang which attacked a mail train at Ledburn, Buckinghamshire, on 8 August 1963.

After being given a 30-year sentence, Biggs escaped from Wandsworth Prison, south London, in a furniture van after spending 15 months in jail.

He was on the run for more than 30 years, living in Spain, Australia and Brazil, before returning to the UK voluntarily in 2001

From the BBC:

The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs has been refused parole by Justice Secretary Jack Straw.

I'm genuinely surprised by this welcome news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669