Rooney wants to leave ManUre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

As thread title, I bet he doesn't hand a transfer request and lose out on lucrative payments from his parent club.

Wayne Rooney wants to leave Man Utd - Sir Alex Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed Wayne Rooney wants to quit Manchester United.

The Old Trafford boss admitted he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear the news but said he had not fallen out with the 24-year-old England striker. "We are as bemused as anyone can be, we can't quite understand why he would want to leave," said the Scot.
Ferguson said the "door is still open" for Rooney, who will miss Wednesday's Champions League game with Bursaspor after being carried off in training. The forward suffered minor ankle damage at the end of the session and will sit out the European tie at Old Trafford.

Rooney's future has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days following reports that he was not prepared to sign a new contract.

His current deal is due to finish at the end of the 2011/12 campaign.
In an interview with MUTV filmed before he spoke to the media, Ferguson said United chief executive David Gill had told him about Rooney's decision not to sign a new contract back in the summer.
"I was in the office on 14 August and David phoned me to say he [Rooney] wasn't signing a contract," confirmed Ferguson.
"I was dumbfounded. Only months before he was saying he was at the greatest club in the world."
Having learned of Rooney's desire to go, Ferguson requested to speak to the player.

"Dealing with the next step was always going to be decisive for us, how we dealt with the situation," he said. "I asked to have a meeting with the boy and he reiterated what his agent said, that he wanted to go."The one thing I said to him was 'respect this club, I don't want any nonsense from you'. "I don't know if he has done that. I have doubts on that, we are reading all these things about falling out with me and all that nonsense.

"It's disappointing because we have done everything we possibly can to help Wayne Rooney ever since he came to the club.
"We have always been here as a harbour for him any time he has been in trouble, the advice we have given him. I was even prepared to give him financial advice.

"But it's not just Wayne Rooney, we have done that for all the players. Wayne has been the beneficiary of that, just as Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes have... so there has been no falling out.
"So there we are, we have got into a situation where we had to clarify this for our fans because what we saw on Saturday was unacceptable.

"When we got to 2-2 [against West Brom] and they were chanting Wayne Rooney, it's a pressure on the players and didn't do the team any good so we had to clarify the situation and put it right."

Rooney's decision has clearly had a big impact on Ferguson, who signed the player from Everton in August 2004. United paid the Toffees £25.6m for the 18-year-old, a world record fee for a player aged under 20.

"We've done nothing but help him since he's been at this club," said Ferguson, who has not given up hope of Rooney remaining at Old Trafford.

"I feel that we still have to keep the door open for him, especially as he's such a good player," stated Ferguson.
Rooney has been a key figure for United, helping them to win the Premier League in 2007, 2008 and 2009 as well as the coveted Champions League in 2008.

Re: Ronneys of then.

Bugger someone change the title please

Where next for Rooney? Man City?

Just saw an interview with Lou Macari on SSN. He mentioned this "webster ruling" where a player can buy out his contract for a years salary once he has served 3 years at a club. apparently Roonwy earns €5 Million a year. If he buys his contract out he will turn in to the biggest mercenary football has ever seen and set a dangerous precedent.

Incidently whats this lad got to do with rulers?

kifmToysAllTomy_Webster_The_Spider_TY65481-resized200.jpg

The only thing that could possibly qualify as stranger would be dinosaur footprints being found on the moon.

... or people believing in the myths of Bronze age desert goat herders, aah no wait a minute...

What's that got to do with whether or not the new owners are lady-boys?

I thought you meant you were not sure whether they had the bravery and vision required to pull off a loan coup or not. :) :icon_wink

Just saw an interview with Lou Macari on SSN. He mentioned this "webster ruling" where a player can buy out his contract for a years salary once he has served 3 years at a club. apparently Roonwy earns €5 Million a year. If he buys his contract out he will turn in to the biggest mercenary football has ever seen and set a dangerous precedent.

I thought the ruling was that a contract could be bought out three years after it came into force. Not quite the same thing and it is one of the reasons why contracts of over three years are now very rare.

Last edited:
I've heard Man City have offered him 200 Grans a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673