Post Match Rotherham 1 - 4 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw for the 2nd round is Thursday night - live on SS1 immediately after the Sheffield United/Blackpool game.

Last edited:
I'm proud to say that my son can spot a player - he's had SCHLUPP on the back of his shirt for the last 2 years

I don't mean to be picky Mr Lanx, but I've asked your son previously if he either knows Mr Schlupp or has seen him play before and his answer to both questions was "no". Schlupp has indeed scored many goals for the youth team and your son has praised him on here, but to say he can spot a player he has never seen play before is stretching the truth a bit.

Deary me... you sound like the complete imbeciles texting and phoning in to BBC Radio Leicester now actually suggesting we don't need an additional striker.

Final 10 minutes vs. Reading? Maybe.

Otherwise, for his age, well done to him.

He sounds nothing like it, infact he never once indicated that we don't need another striker.

Three goals against Rotherham. What a pity he did not play against Real Madrid since he is clearly the new Di Stefano. Even if he does not play against Reading Birch can interview him as a Leicester legend.

Oh dear. The lad has played one game and already there are people trying to destroy him. He has scored a hat trick and should enjoy the moment and then get brought back to earth. Don't tell him he is great because when young men think they are great they ignore the most important word in their vocabulary - "listen".

Sven has worked with one or two talented young players before. He will know how the lad can improve - lets hope the young man listens to his advice.

Schmeichel - Didn't have a great deal to do, however when needed did a good job. Made one spectualar save in the first half.

Oakley - Looking tired and wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in the next couple of weeks.
Mills - A bad day at the office (I hope), was all over the place for an hour and only looked comfortable when were 3-1 up.
Ball - Appeared comfortable on the 'ball' and was miles better than Mills.
Konchesky - Made some good runs, and likes to get forward which left us short when Rotherham took back possession. Still improving.

Johnson - Very difficult to judge, the whole midfield was fairly poor all night.
Moussa - Didn't even know he'd started.
Dyer - His usual pacey self. Made some exceptional runs, but also made some terrible decisions.
Gallagher - Put himself about, tried to showboat a bit too much at times. Did well to get on the end of a rocket of a ball in from Waggy.

Waghorn - Can't take a corner to save his life. I felt he looked a little disheartened which probably reflected in his 'ok-ish' performance.
Schlupp - What can I say? A hat-trick on his debut. Looked very lively and strong on the ball. Good movement all game, and was clearly delighted when his 3rd went in.

Nugent/Danns/Fernandes - Neither really did anything worth noting. Danns was the liveliest of the 3 subs.

And a special mention goes to Blue Maniac who managed to snap the chair he was sitting on. I gave your details to the steward as I left so they knew where to send the bill :icon_wink

Didn't Gallagher score and get 2 assists? I wasn't there and without wanting to sound like one of those idiots who phones up radio Leicester without seeing the game, but it did seem like he had a huge positive impact on the game for us and you are being a bit harsh on him saying he just "put himself about."

Last edited:
Didn't Gallagher score and get 2 assists? I wasn't there and without wanting to sound like one of those idiots who phones up radio Leicester without seeing the game, but it did seem like he had a huge positive impact on the game for us and you are being a bit harsh on him saying he just "put himself about."

I thought he assisted all 3 of Schlupp's

And a special mention goes to Blue Maniac who managed to snap the chair he was sitting on. I gave your details to the steward as I left so they knew where to send the bill :icon_wink

:038::038:

Last edited:

He put himself about, and did have a positive impact on the game, but IMO Gallagher is a 'jack the lad' type of player. I just felt at times he thought to himself 'Its only Rotherham' and was a little too cocky. Just my opinion though :)

He put himself about, and did have a positive impact on the game, but IMO Gallagher is a 'jack the lad' type of player. I just felt at times he thought to himself 'Its only Rotherham' and was a little too cocky. Just my opinion though :)

That kind of sums my feelings up of him - he thinks he is better than what he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669