Ruben Rochina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they all looked better than Moreno yesterday....

Moreno is a big of an enigma for me. He was terrible for their first goal but then he made a few great tackles and at times looked quick and solid.

Same as Wellens, had a good first half and then stopped tackling and started getting caught on the ball.

I thought Lamey looked far better than Moreno yesterday...

I thought Moreno was very good for the majority of the match, but his couple of cock ups were very visible.

As for Lamey; Are you actually joking? I thought he was the worst player on the pitch by an absolute country mile. Completely inept as a right-back - on the numerous times he was caught completely out of position, he was happy to let midfielders sprint back and cover him whilst he casually jogged back into his natural position. Plus he showed absolutely sweet FA going forward.

In my opinion he does not posses the qualities to be an effective right back or an effective right winger. You know it's bad when you can say Robbie Neilson could have done a much, much better job, both defensively and when attacking.

As for Lamey; Are you actually joking? I thought he was the worst player on the pitch by an absolute country mile. Completely inept as a right-back - on the numerous times he was caught completely out of position, he was happy to let midfielders sprint back and cover him whilst he casually jogged back into his natural position. Plus he showed absolutely sweet FA going forward.
Times change. That's not being completely inept as a right back, that's just being an attacking right back in a system that demands the defensive midfielder/s cover whenever the full backs bomb forward. Loads of teams do it, many of them very effectively. Not all, though...

Whilst criticizing attacking full backs for being "out of position", at the same time you could criticize the defensive midfielders for not getting forward enough and scoring goals, seeing as they're "midfielders", but it's simply not their job to do that in a system like the one Sousa is apparently trying to implement.

The whole thing worries the pants off me. From watching the Reading game I can see what Sousa's trying to do - sort of - but something is clearly wrong.

a reasonable right back and a couple of decent defensive midfielders (Moreno is not a centre back), was just what we needed.
Moreno played far more often as a centre back than a midfielder at his previous club, apparently. Ergo, he is a centre back I'm afraid. Although on that showing... :icon_conf

For gods sake. Everytime I log on there is a different nationality from some random European country linked. This is getting ridiculous!!!

I suppose you obejected to us having the likes of Izzet (Turkey), Zagorakis (Greece), Keller (USA), Kaamark (Denmark), Lennon (Northern Ireland), O'Neill (Northern Ireland), Elliott (Scotland), Ramsey (Northern Ireland), O'Neill (Northern Ireland), Daly (Eire), Andy King (Wales), Weir (Scotland), McDonald (Scotland), Alan Young (Scotland), Paul Henderson (Australia), Martin Henderson (Scotland), Wilson (Scotland), McLintock (Scotland), Sjoberg (Denmark)....

I suppose you obejected to us having the likes of Izzet (Turkey), Zagorakis (Greece), Keller (USA), Kaamark (Denmark), Lennon (Northern Ireland), O'Neill (Northern Ireland), Elliott (Scotland), Ramsey (Northern Ireland), O'Neill (Northern Ireland), Daly (Eire), Andy King (Wales), Weir (Scotland), McDonald (Scotland), Alan Young (Scotland), Paul Henderson (Australia), Martin Henderson (Scotland), Wilson (Scotland), McLintock (Scotland), Sjoberg (Denmark)....

?

I certainly objected to that Sjoberg from Denmark. The scottish one was great though

Other than someone who said this on FT have we actually been linked with this guy?

No... the person who posted it says they knew someone involved in the takeover, and they have been getting info from them.

Some of the detail they have put over the last 3 or 4 weeks seems pretty credible to be honest.

No... the person who posted it says they knew someone involved in the takeover, and they have been getting info from them.

Some of the detail they have put over the last 3 or 4 weeks seems pretty credible to be honest.

Oh right, thats fair enough then.

Currently plays for me at Cisco Roma, good honest lad who bangs a few in when in the team.

Obviously that means **** all.

Lako, have you seen him on Youtube? That is all we will settle for, you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669