Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the opposition have a penalty, you don't run down behind the posts and try and put them off.

On second thoughts, go on, try it. It'll be on the telly.:)

Has anybody done the joke about them having funny shaped balls yet?

There will be people running round the pitch at half-time who will have run there from Devon, raising money for LOROS and Urban Zen.

So you might at least be able to tell non-Leicestershire people who LOROS are

http://www.rampantrun.com/

Dont ask the hookers how much a blow job is.

Although if Gareth Thomas is there you might get a price.

South Africa won the Rugby Sevens in Las Vegas a couple of weks ago, beating Fiji in the final. England and New Zealand were the beaten semi finalists. The crowd was very, very, very drunk. Well, the part I was in was.

And that's all I can tell you about rugby. Oh, Leicester are quite good apparently.

The Tigers use letters instead of numbers. Well, they used to anyway
eeerrrmm... and they have funny shaped balls

Keep your mouth shut. That way:
a) nobody can tell you know sod all about the game;
b) you won't accidentally offend someone by referring to the sport as 'a load of public schoolboy wank with strongly homoerotic overtones that nobody likes to mention';
and c) nobody will be able to stick their cock in it 'for a joke' while you're not looking.

Make sure you've packed a flask and a comfy cushion. Also you'll earn brownie points if you have a gladiators style big hand.

england.jpg

England just scored a try to take the lead so I hope Ian Marshall is celebrating in the correct manner.

OR is he pi$$ed as a fart and couldn't care what happens:icon_bigg

I believe that is actually the correct manner

There will be people running round the pitch at half-time who will have run there from Devon, raising money for LOROS and Urban Zen.

So you might at least be able to tell non-Leicestershire people who LOROS are

http://www.rampantrun.com/

I saw someone with a bucket and put some money in and then bored them with some rubbish about knowing who LOROS are, expecting them to be impressed. To be fair, I was very drunk (not a cheap pursuit at Twickenham prices).

Also thanks all for your advice. I did check in on this prior to the game and found it useful. I threw in the comment about 'Youngy' - went down a treat.

Having said that, I lost points for claiming the hairy French guy - Chaval/Chagal was a legend (yes I used that word- I used to be a wanky student sort and it was all the rage) - I say lost points, the Frenchies near me loved it. I told them I was a Tigers fan (in the loosest sense of the word as I don't understand the game) - cue a list of times French sides had beaten the Tigers (quite a few times unless he was repeating them over and over)...

Also - it seems rugby is basically one-upsmanship within the crowd, as soon as the ref makes a decision people start shouting 'OFFSIDE!' or 'Hands in the ruck' and other such meaningless stuff. I didn't see one proper offside - there was only one forward pass and from what I can tell Elvis Hammond and DJ Campbell hadn't made the side.

Also - it seems rugby is basically one-upsmanship within the crowd, as soon as the ref makes a decision people start shouting 'OFFSIDE!' or 'Hands in the ruck' and other such meaningless stuff

to be fair, this goes on in football too, but football has less rules

mind you, rugby's rules change more slowly... the game you play as a kid is not too different from the international modern game

and football is played by a lot of twats...at least rugby players call the ref "sir". i play rugby with people who switched from football as they were sick of the whinging and diving

Did they prefer the gouging of eyes and the repeated stamping on players head whilst in a scrum then?:icon_razz

:bang: :bang: :bang:

No, no, no. That sort of thing does not happen in scrums, that is punching. Gouging and stamping is for rucks and mauls. :icon_wink

:bang: :bang: :bang:

No, no, no. That sort of thing does not happen in scrums, that is punching. Gouging and stamping is for rucks and mauls. :icon_wink

you don't get much stamping in mauls...

:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673