Ryan Giggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What next doctors on standby with intravenous sedatives?

Fergie can't ban anybody from the Champions League final. What he is being banned from is Friday's press conference. It had been made clear to reporters at the beginning of the session that they should not ask questions about the 'Giggs situation'

My mistake, my post does seem a little over sensationalised. I was aware it was the press conference and not the main event. Too much tarting about with changing the link title distracted me.

It's not clear from the BBC clip but the Telegraph footage is slightly better. The question Rob Harris asks, as he is the most experienced Champions League player how important will he be to the team on Saturday? Yes sneaky, but it is football related and not directly mentioning what is being reported in the press.

Engaging with the press is unfortunately part of the baggage of being a successful manager, something Ferguson often fails to manage successfully IMO.

Engaging with the press is unfortunately part of the baggage of being a successful manager, something Ferguson often fails to manage successfully IMO.

I have every sympathy with him, particularly in this instance. He, and his team, need to be fully focussed on the game and not on any other irrelevances. The match is what is important and not what is now the day before yesterday's news.

He, and his team, need to be fully focussed on the game and not on any other irrelevances. The match is what is important and not what is now the day before yesterday's news.

That is very true. I also agree that the news is irrelevant and the timing of it being broken would be inconvenent to their preparations.

I presume he wouldn't have expected to be heard/caught asking for Mr. Harris to be excluded from Friday's press conference, all he had to do was blank the question as he did initially. His "mistake" has caused a press frenzy he probably wouldn't have wanted, unless of course he is being exceptionally clever?

But he didnt ask anything about it, all he asked was how important Giggs was to the team.

The meaning behind the question, however it was dressed up, was perfectly clear. You can't be that naive.

Plus he cant even ban anyone from fridays press conference cos its down to UEFA.

I wouldn't bet on it.

That is very true. I also agree that the news is irrelevant and the timing of it being broken would be inconvenent to their preparations.

I presume he wouldn't have expected to be heard/caught asking for Mr. Harris to be excluded from Friday's press conference, all he had to do was blank the question as he did initially. His "mistake" has caused a press frenzy he probably wouldn't have wanted, unless of course he is being exceptionally clever?

Of course he wants it. The more the press bay, the more easy it will be to instil a 'siege mentality' into his players.

Of course he wants it. The more the press bay, the more easy it will be to instil a 'siege mentality' into his players.

If he's looking to motivate his players then rewards such as this would go down a treat I think....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13454160

I think the best thing that came out of this Imogen Thomas affair is that Piers Morgan might go to jail! For that, Ryan Giggs has all my gratitude.

He's one of the journalists being sued for mentioning it on Twitter

You can't be sued for breaking an injunction.

He'd only go to jail if he were being prosecuted for a criminal offence such as contempt of court.

Breaking an injunction can be judged as 'contempt of court' and you can be imprisoned and fined for it. Rarely, if ever, happens though.

Did Piers Morgan actually mention his name? I know there was banter between him and Rio Ferdinand...

Which jurisdiction does Piers Morgan live in these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669