Ryan Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Is he only 18? Wonder whether he will start at Derby? I would expect him to be on the bench. I guess theres no chance of keeping him in the event of him playing well judging by old Arsene's comments.

I really, really, hope that he just goes straight into the side. He can't do any worse than the current midfield. If they're old enough, they're good enough. No point signing him for 3 months if he's not going to play for the first 3 weeks (international break coming up).

Fed up of seeing new signings on the bench for weeks!

Hazzman said:
Sylla is 28, MK.
cheers hazz;)

Only got a few years left then? I'd be working my nuts off if I were him. :102:

Although we need all the help we can get, a loan signing of a promising youngster is a big tease. If he performs well for us then Wenger will have him back in readiness for his Arsenal breakthrough. Its a bit like Jim Bowen on Bullseye saying ' look what you could of won' to the losing contestants.

I don't agree BB...
I hold no hope of signing him permanently.
He'll create a fight for a starting place or even a place on the bench, he'll want to prove he's ready for Arsenal by busting his balls in a lower division. But most importantly, it looks like CL, by taking a wider player is looking to restrict hoofball to the big boys that ends up in nothing. Even when he goes back to London he could be the catalyst in the turning point of our season...

I agree MK, he may just be the catalyst for the whole season, there is nothing to say this move wont be extended until the end of the season, and he is unlikely to get in the Arsenal side for at least another season so we may even be able to take him for another loan period next season.

Great move by CL IMO.

Good luck to the kid, I hope for all our sakes he turns out to be class act but let's be honest, CL's track record with "Young Promising" loan players isn't exactly great, in fact it's absolutely crap...

Darren Kenton, dury is out, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but as for Stefan Moore and Elvis Hammond - complete waste of time.

Why sign this guy just after we signed Hamill, is anyone else confused about that?

If he anything like a success as Kevin Campbell when he came to us on loan from Arsenal when we had a crapper team:eek: than now and that could't score I'll be well pleased. Of course we had a crap manager in Pleat:mad: at that time as well

On another thread 3 days ago I did say we should loan a young Arsenal player, so I am on the same wavelength as CL ;) ;)

Arsenal_RyanSmith_L2.jpg

Here is a picture of Ryan Smith for you all. I think he will look better in a LCFC shirt.

He looks quite lightweight to me, just hope he's not to easily brushed aside. :102:

i hope he does ok im just a little concerned that we dont pin all the clubs hopes on a young kid from arsenal ressies :102:

Does this mean that Levi Porter should be looking for another club. :icon_sad: :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669