Ryder Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

I'm not a massive fan of watching golf on TV but I do like watching the Ryder Cup.

Although saying that it has only been on for an hour and the constant chants of "USA, USA" are already starting to grind.

What the **** was Justin Timberlake doing at the Öpening Ceremony "Only us golfers know the feeling" What a prize ****.

Some big performances but for me the one that stood out was Rose. On the 16th, 17th and 18th he had to pull up some big putts and he nailed everyone of them. I also thought Rory did well against Keegan "wooo" Bradley.

Some big performances but for me the one that stood out was Rose. On the 16th, 17th and 18th he had to pull up some big putts and he nailed everyone of them. I also thought Rory did well against Keegan "wooo" Bradley.

It was amazing. I thought Mickelson deserved huge credit for his reaction to Rose knocking in that putt on 16 and then afterwards when it was sealed on 18.

I also found it highly amusing when Furyk thought he'd holed his putt on 16 against Garcia, only for it to stay out :icon_bigg

I'm not a massive fan of watching golf on TV but I do like watching the Ryder Cup.

Although saying that it has only been on for an hour and the constant chants of "USA, USA" are already starting to grind.

i was in the States for the first two days play (although not at the golf) the Americans haven't got a clue about getting behind their team. The USA chant and get in the hole for their player's and get in the water for the Europeans was about the full repertoire

i was in the States for the first two days play (although not at the golf) the Americans haven't got a clue about getting behind their team. The USA chant and get in the hole for their player's and get in the water for the Europeans was about the full repertoire

Im surprised, that's a fair bit better than expected them to be capable of.

Similar in standard to the Austalians attempts at out singing the Barmy Army, that was funny.

Last edited:
It was amazing. I thought Mickelson deserved huge credit for his reaction to Rose knocking in that putt on 16 and then afterwards when it was sealed on 18.

I also found it highly amusing when Furyk thought he'd holed his putt on 16 against Garcia, only for it to stay out :icon_bigg

That was brilliant, especially Garcia just standing there smiling. That miss ruined Furyk's game as well because he didn't make a putt after it, missing short chances on the 17th and 18th.

What made the Rose put on 17 even more satisfying was Mickelson running around the green thinking his chip was going in and then when he didn't he still high-fived Keegan 'wooo' Bradley as if to say "that is still good enough", only for Rose to roll it in from 30ft.

I agree that Mickelson deserves credit for his reaction to Rose's shots though. I think lefty couldn't believe what was happening but he was still gracious enough to appreciate the quality Rose was showing.

That was brilliant, especially Garcia just standing there smiling. That miss ruined Furyk's game as well because he didn't make a putt after it, missing short chances on the 17th and 18th.

What made the Rose put on 17 even more satisfying was Mickelson running around the green thinking his chip was going in and then when he didn't he still high-fived Keegan 'wooo' Bradley as if to say "that is still good enough", only for Rose to roll it in from 30ft.

I agree that Mickelson deserves credit for his reaction to Rose's shots though. I think lefty couldn't believe what was happening but he was still gracious enough to appreciate the quality Rose was showing.

I agree with all of that.

There was also some very nasty chants about Seve that could be heard on the television. Just another reason why the victory was so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566