Ryder Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector

Well, the hurricane threat seems to have abated and it looks like the Ryder Cup will go ahead.

It's all happening 4 miles from my front door! Considerable disruption to the local communities, especially horrendous traffic. On Monday it took Ian Woosnam 2 hours to get from Dublin airport to the K Club (about 20 miles), despite having police outriders. I did it in one hour at about the same time because I know all the country lanes.

Friends living even closer than me (in the village of Straffan) are in an "exclusion zone". They need a special pass just to go home, and apparently aren't allowed to go out for a walk. I'd say there'll be a lot of dogs with full bladders! :icon_bigg

This event brings the best out of the Americans.

U.S.A........U.S.A.......U.S.A.......U.S.A.

GET IN THE HOLE!

YER THE MAN.

GO TIGER, GO TIGER, GO TIGER.

God bless em, hey.:icon_roll

Its In The Hole, It's In The Hole, It's In The Hole.....oooohhhhh

Never understood the attraction of golf as a spectator sport. I can see why many people enjoy playing (though I'd sooner go for a walk with less interuptions and stress personally), but watching it? :confused:

I played Golf this morning in Enderby for the first time in about 4 years and I managed to get about 25 over par from 9 holes :mad: :icon_lol: .

Although I did manage to get one hole in par for the first ever time.

:icon_bigg No that is too hard.

It was the 4th hole, 315 yards if you must know.

:icon_eek: I drive the ball that far.

:icon_eek: I drive the ball that far.

:038:
I'm lucky if I get it that far in 7.

Although my cousin has been county champion a couple of times so I should probably take lessons.

:038:
I'm lucky if I get it that far in 7.

Although my cousin has been county champion a couple of times so I should probably take lessons.

I'm not very good. :icon_bigg ;)

I was good player when I was younger. Just crap now.

Lost the Pairs Crazy Golf Cup, Limassol 05. After requiring just a 7 on the last hole, we got a 9.

How the hell do you get a 9 on Crazy Golf :eek: .

Must have been a Pro Crazy Golf Course.

Mrs BB and i had a game of crazy golf at Newquay. I'm shite and admit it, but the other half is deadly. You have to wonder how the putter can reach head height when playing crazy golf. When she had ' driven ' the ball over the top of the perimeter hedge she looked at me with bewilderment. I said to her ' you only had to tap it ' she replied ' well i didn't hit the last one hard enough '. Huh women:icon_roll

the ryder cup is the only golf ill watch as its us versus them :) dont really know that much about golf i know how the scoring works but thats about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566