sacking kelly/board is not answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster go***ds

when are people going to accept facts, if we reach the top the six that will be a brilliant season! I do not think we will be relegation contenders either.
The fact of the matter is this:
1. Sacking Rob kelly will send city and the squad into further turmoil, and the new manager will not be able to wheel and deal!
2. The board have the clubs best interests at heart, but do not have the funds to pump into the club.
City need to have a three year plan, improve on last year which is possible seeing as half the league is pants! if we have a good run in both cups pocket the profits and invest at the right time!
If kelly buys badly then maybe a decision should be made but to say he tactically un aware is ludicrus he is doing the best he can with a small squad on a piss poor budget!
the future looks rosy.:102:

when are people going to accept facts, if we reach the top the six that will be a brilliant season! I do not think we will be relegation contenders either.

You are seriously disallusioned. how can we not be relegation contenders the way we are playing?? :102:

simple there are far worse teams in this division, we are barely into the season, there is a long way to go, sacking folk is not the answer, the point is we are crippled with debt, unless a sugsr daddy comes along it will take years to sort out I heard of people calling for curbishley what the hell is he going do with no transfer funds?
we are just going to have to grin and bear it I am afraid.

I heard of people calling for curbishley what the hell is he going do with no transfer funds?

Exactly what he did at Charlton.

They didn't have huge amounts of money to spend, weren't they almost near extinction (sp) not too long before he took over?

We all know we haven't got any money. That's a no brainer.

The problem is we have a manager that can't manage the current crop of players. Curbishley, for example, wouldn't need money. His footballing brain is far superior to Kellys and that should be enough to get us out of trouble.

Money isn't the problem, it's the players that simply aren't playing well enough

We all know we haven't got any money. That's a no brainer.

The problem is we have a manager that can't manage the current crop of players. Curbishley, for example, wouldn't need money. His footballing brain is far superior to Kellys and that should be enough to get us out of trouble.

Money isn't the problem, it's the players that simply aren't playing well enough

So are you saying that we should sack Kelly?

So are you saying that we should sack Kelly?
I hope Kelly comes good, he is a great guy and is obviously passionate about what he does.

However, I am having serious doubts about his ability to motivate players, his team selection and his ability to tactically alter a game when needed.

The fact of the matter is this:
1. Sacking Rob kelly will send city and the squad into further turmoil, and the new manager will not be able to wheel and deal!
2. The board have the clubs best interests at heart, but do not have the funds to pump into the club.
City need to have a three year plan, improve on last year which is possible seeing as half the league is pants! if we have a good run in both cups pocket the profits and invest at the right time!
If kelly buys badly then maybe a decision should be made but to say he tactically un aware is ludicrus he is doing the best he can with a small squad on a piss poor budget!
the future looks rosy.:102:

1. The club will only be in turmoil if the appointment is a poor one. A good appointment could be the uplift the club needs. How do you know the new manager will not be able to wheel and deal?

2. The board may well have the clubs best interests at heart, and no funds, but they are still not doing their job satisfactoraly and seem happy with the state the club is in.

We need money. But possibly more importantly than that we need ambition. Nobody at the club is showing abmition at the moment, not the board, the manager, or the players.

Look at Watford last season, limited funds, but they had a manager and a squad brimming with passion and willing to fight for every point. We are the opposite. Half the players can't be arsed and out coaching staff and board seem happy with another lower mid table finish. We cannot rely on the small hope of a cup run for funds, and then using a fraction of that money to get one half decent player in. We need ambition.

Rob Kelly has brought badly. We dont need three thousand centre backs. We need a Joey Gudjonsson, a Steve Walsh, someone to carry the team and take responsibility on their shoulders.

Our squad has no personality, just a bunch of average-at-best players, or players who are not fulfilling potential.

I know Kelly had no money but he has brought badly and there were a lot of better players he could have got on a free/loan than the four that were brought in this summer.

I am not calling for Kelly out at this present time, but I feel that he is a coach, not a manager. He was a caretaker coach who was a breath of fresh air to the players who suffered under Levein, and he made those players sit up and realise the possibility of relegation last season.

If things are not much better at christmas, I think Kelly must revert back to a coaching role and then the board (or Mandaric ;)) can get a proper manager in!

I hope Kelly comes good, he is a great guy and is obviously passionate about what he does.

However, I am having serious doubts about his ability to motivate players, his team selection and his ability to tactically alter a game when needed.

We said exactly the same about Levein, with exactly the same players (more or less anyway), maybe there is a pattern and the players are just shit? If you look at the end of last season and the beginning of this, there have only been a handful of games where these players have shone and looked great. Is it not possible that the players are just shite, and are actually playing to the best of their ability, and it just happens that in the games they played well (which we seem to be basing current expecations on), the opposition was just that much worse than us?:102:

We said exactly the same about Levein, with exactly the same players (more or less anyway), maybe there is a pattern and the players are just shit? If you look at the end of last season and the beginning of this, there have only been a handful of games where these players have shone and looked great. Is it not possible that the players are just shite, and are actually playing to the best of their ability, and it just happens that in the games they played well (which we seem to be basing current expecations on), the opposition was just that much worse than us?:102:
If that is the case, then the management is still to blame for a) buying them and b) not selling them

But you can't get a piece of granite to shine like a diamond. But you can get a diamond to shine so long as it is looked after. If you see the odd glimmer through the shit, it's usually a better stone not quite looking it's best.

For these players to be able to play well in some games it proves they must be able to do it. They need motivating, we have seen them play well

Last edited:
In my own personal opinion (and this will upset a lot of people) but the club appears to be rotten in every respect I am sorry if that fcuks alot of people off.

It cant simply be put down to the manager or the board or the players. Its everyone/everything (including the fans) thats wrong. I was sat infront of a load of imature fans yesterday who were chanting "Kelly sort it out". Whats the point? RK cant sort out 5 years worth of mis mangement with one subsitution can he?????

In my own personal view it went wrong when we moved to this god forsaken ground that we now call home. And simply changing the manager (again) wont alter the results long term.

This is why I think we should get behind what we have got because we dont have alot of choice. Or we could rebuild Filbo!

In my own personal opinion (and this will upset a lot of people) but the club appears to be rotten in every respect I am sorry if that fcuks alot of people off.
I think for the first time Pontus we agree on something

I'm heartily sick of hearing we aint got no money what do you expect us to do without it.

Well I expect a lot more from this team who are being paid decent money, along with the coach and manager, for them to sort the bloody issue and quick.
Just because your skint dont mean you cant play football, and provide decent games for fans to watch and also have a coach with some idea of how to play the bloody game.

I've seen teams on the Recee with more ideas than seen
at the Walkers this Season.
Manager, Coach, do me and everyone else a favour and forget the money aspect and concentrate on how to get 11 men playing together as a team, with plans to suit all aspects of the game, and how to hurt other teams with on the ground football, not all of this lot are bad players although they all have a confidence problem thats plain to see, and the management team have'nt a clue how to sort it out.

Lets be honest with ourself we have no quality in our team, no player stands out to be great in our squad, our squad is based on players with potential we don't have proven players at this level excluding the likes of Nissa and AJ who in my opinion are two of the laziest bast@rds in our team!!

The money we have had in recent years has been wasted on transfer fees and wages on players like Elvis, Gerrbrand, Sylla, Maybury, De Vries, Hamill, Tiatto, Keown, Dublin, Nathan Blake, Rab Douglas, Nils, AJ, Makin...... the list continues since we got relegated we never brought the right players under MA and CL this is exactly why we are suffering now, this is not RK's fault at all. But my critisim to RK is we might not have the quality but like at the start of the season in the first two matches the players look unmotivated which is down to RK. infairness atleast under MA we got promoted.

Board havent got the bottle, to take the correct decision and go for it.

RK is simply a rabbit caught in the headlights, if he was a manager with his long career in the game he would have been one before City. His lack of tactical prowess yesterday was shocking and his man-motivating skills aint up to much.

The players which have been bought are also a waste of space. The club has drove itself into a position which either decision made now is going to be a wrong one. The board must pay for it simple as before we get to a position when we will look the most unattractive club for someone to take on.

The best part of it all is City's great relation with the fans which in recent months have been shambolic.

'We're In It Together', never a saying more ironic being together in shite.

simple there are far worse teams in this division, .

Thats true, there are teams which on paper are worse than us but some reason, they show some courage balls and desire and want to win. Barnsley, Southend, Colchester, Luton, Cardiff even...teams which despite their club from the outset looking shoddy and poorly-ran, the footie team still have a team to be proud of and work.

Thats true, there are teams which on paper are worse than us but some reason, they show some courage balls and desire and want to win. Barnsley, Southend, Colchester, Luton, Cardiff even...teams which despite their club from the outset looking shoddy and poorly-ran, the footie team still have a team to be proud of and work.

you will never be good enough without work rate and thats why every team you just mentioned are better than us. on paper we are as crap as on the pitch, i dont see 5 players on paper id rate very highly and say are better than ohters in this league.

only worse team in this league is possibly qpr

completely and utterly dissagree with that. the table doesnt lie

Really? You reckon Leeds are among the three worst teams in this division?

The table doesn't lie is a fair comment to make after 30 games - it's just c*ntish after 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69