Saganowski to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link = Southampton in the shit! :038: :038: = no Saganowski for them (hopefully)

Maybe Milan started the Southampton buy-out rumour!:081::081::081:

Anyone know if we were truly after Saganowski, or whether it was us lot hoping he'd come!?

Methinks it's the latter, but we can live in hope.

Is this back on ??

Milan Mandaric has revealed he would like to sign Southampton's highly-rated Polish striker Marek Saganowski.

The Leicester City chairman has also admitted that fan power helped to keep Neil Warnock from the Walkers Stadium hot seat.

In a question-and-answer with supporters which starts in today's Mercury and continues tomorrow, Mandaric says City have started “a major rebuilding job” this summer.

“We now need midfielders,” he said, answering one fan's question. “But we have started from the back. We have bought a goalkeeper, new defenders. Now we look to the midfield and the strikers.”

Asked specifically if he was interested in buying Saganowski - the Polish striker who spent the second half of last season on loan at St Mary's, scoring 10 goals in 13 games - Mandaric said Saganowski was a player he rated.

Saganowski has two years left on his contract with French club Troyes. But Troyes are understood to want to sell and, if the fee is right - around £700,000 - they have said he can go.

Southampton have the first option on him but have so far failed to agree personal terms for the striker, according to the Southern Daily Echo. His agent, Jaroslaw Kolakowski, has said that Saganowski wants to stay in England.

“There are a number of clubs interested in Marek,” he said. “He wants to go to a good club. Southampton have been his first choice as he enjoyed his time there. But, if talks take too long with Southampton, he could move on.”

Asked if he fancied bringing the forward to City, Mandaric replied: “I'm lying in wait there. Saganowski is a player I like. Watch this space, that is all I can say.”

Mandaric also said that during a month-long period, he interviewed 10 people for the manager's job at City.

He said he respected Neil Warnock's record as a manager but received so many negative letters and emails from City fans that the strength of Blue Army opinion put him off Warnock.
“I could have gone for a bigger name and got more headlines,” he said. “But would they have wanted the job as much as Martin Allen?''

He said he respected Neil Warnock's record as a manager but received so many negative letters and emails from City fans that the strength of Blue Army opinion put him off Warnock.

To everyone concerned a big :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69