Saganowski to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, Saints fan here (obviously!)

I've not come here to specifically depress you or anything, but Saganowski's signing at Saints is pretty much a done deal now.

We exercised our clause over the weekend, which would demonstrate the fact that we are willing to pay the agreed £680,000. Our operations director (Lee Hoos) was over in Poland during the international break ratifying personal terms with Saganowski and his agent, which was confirmed on our OS.

It may be a case that you are in poll position should our deal dramatically full through....but as it stands, until we have signed him or let him go you cannot agree a fee with Troyes, let alone discuss personal terms with him (that would class as tapping up). First option states just that, we have first call on where he ends up.....and he's all but our player for the next 2 years.

Sorry to disappoint, but I thought I’d let you know before you got a bit carried away.

have you got the link to your OS where it say's about saganowski

Hi there, Saints fan here (obviously!)

I've not come here to specifically depress you or anything, but Saganowski's signing at Saints is pretty much a done deal now.

We exercised our clause over the weekend, which would demonstrate the fact that we are willing to pay the agreed £680,000. Our operations director (Lee Hoos) was over in Poland during the international break ratifying personal terms with Saganowski and his agent, which was confirmed on our OS.

It may be a case that you are in poll position should our deal dramatically full through....but as it stands, until we have signed him or let him go you cannot agree a fee with Troyes, let alone discuss personal terms with him (that would class as tapping up). First option states just that, we have first call on where he ends up.....and he's all but our player for the next 2 years.

Sorry to disappoint, but I thought I’d let you know before you got a bit carried away.

if you are right and it is a done deal then i wouldn't mind rasiak :icon_bigg

I'd post the link, but i have to get 5 posts first :icon_wink

Here's some quotes from Burley in our local paper though:

Saints boss George Burley said last night: "Talks are going very well.

"(Operations director) Lee Hoos has been in Poland and spoken to the agent and we're hopeful something might get sorted there.

"There was an option in the contract when we took him which we're looking to take over.

"It's a case of agreeing personal terms".

and today's story:

SAINTS are expected to complete the permanent signing of Marek Saganowski early this week after taking up their first option on the striker.

The 28-year-old Polish international joined Saints on loan from French side Troyes in January and helped fire them to the Coca-Cola Championship play-offs with 10 goals in 13 games.

Saints negotiated first refusal on Saganowski and, according to Troyes' official website, have now confirmed their intention to sign the popular frontman on a permanent basis.

Saganowski, who has a year left on his Troyes contract and was also linked with a move to Burnley, is likely to cost Saints around £700,000.

If you do get him after this, it will possibly be classed as one of the biggest transfer cock ups in history, on our behalf.

Nothing on their OS about Saganowski, although i can only read news up until 1st june, nothing on there since.

Sorry i meant the local paper re: the talks in Poland, not the OS. (quoted the content above)

However there have been slight hints on the OS over the past few weeks, including at the bottom of today's article.

I'd post the link, but i have to get 5 posts first :icon_wink

Here's some quotes from Burley in our local paper though:

and today's story:

If you do get him after this, it will possibly be classed as one of the biggest transfer cock ups in historyon our behalf

i really hope it is one of your biggest transfer cock ups ever

First option clauses mean nothing at all. If you don't think other interested parties have been speaking to his agent then you are in cloud cuckoo land mate.

First option clauses mean nothing at all. If you don't think other interested parties have been speaking to his agent then you are in cloud cuckoo land mate.

I'm not saying other clubs haven't been speaking to his agent; it's obvious that there has been contact with other clubs, that’s this day and age of football.

But the first option clause stops other clubs making a formal offer for the services of the player, until the club who negotiated the clause signs him, or lets him go.

We’re in poll position anyway and I’d be very surprised if he ends up anywhere else.

Does anyone know what the terms of the option are? :102:

I'm not saying other clubs haven't been speaking to his agent; it's obvious that there has been contact with other clubs, that’s this day and age of football.

But the first option clause stops other clubs making a formal offer for the services of the player, until the club who negotiated the clause signs him, or lets him go.

We’re in poll position anyway and I’d be very surprised if he ends up anywhere else.

So we talk to his agent, lay out our offer, he turns you down and comes to us :icon_lol: Or thats the what I'm hearing anyway :icon_wink

£680,000 agreed fee with the option of taking up his 2 year contract from Troyes.

If Southampton cannot match his personal terms and/or his contract expectations then it still has plenty of chances to go tits up from your perspective. ;)

Or the player decides he no longer wants to join that team as there is a better offer available.

First option means very little, if you were to pull out of the race to sign him for whatever reason then it would not be surprising to see him sign for someone else the following day.

I think at the moment we all just want this to happen so much that we are clutching at straws.

LEts just sit back and see how this unfolds unless someone with some inser info wants to share it with me by the medium of PM...other wise lets see how it unfolds.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEEEEEASE TELL ME.:icon_lol:

I think at the moment we all just want this to happen so much that we are clutching at straws.

LEts just sit back and see how this unfolds unless someone with some inser info wants to share it with me by the medium of PM...other wise lets see how it unfolds.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEEEEEASE TELL ME.:icon_lol:

Brain ahead of the fingers. ;)

So when Milan Mandaric tells Saganowski's agent he'l better Southamptons offer, which we are now in a financial position to do so, then what ??

Southampton have had their offer accepted, but that is merely 50% of the deal completed. If your local rag is anything like ours, then I wouldn't get too carried away until he signs, and until he does he's as much our player than he is yours :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669