Saganowski to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying other clubs haven't been speaking to his agent; it's obvious that there has been contact with other clubs, that’s this day and age of football.

But the first option clause stops other clubs making a formal offer for the services of the player, until the club who negotiated the clause signs him, or lets him go.

We’re in poll position anyway and I’d be very surprised if he ends up anywhere else.

No... if he turns you down then you are also fecked!!! You do not control him, it's his decision. All it does is stops the team currently selling him from turning round and saying they don't want to sell anymore.

So when Milan Mandaric tells Saganowski's agent he'l better Southamptons offer, which we are now in a financial position to do so, then what ??

Southampton have had their offer accepted, but that is merely 50% of the deal completed. If your local rag is anything like ours, then I wouldn't get too carried away until he signs, and until he does he's as much our player than he is yours :icon_wink

Well said Mr Nottingham Fox

The thing that's worrying me is a certain Mandaric.....

He would take so much pleasure in taking this deal from us, and i can imagine him trying everything he can to do so....

The thing that's worrying me is a certain Mandaric.....

He would take so much pleasure in taking this deal from us, and i can imagine him trying everything he can to do so....

It clearly worried you enough to check up on where we thought any deal was at :)

I completely forgot about the Portsmouth-Southampton links there :lol:

I see now anyway, they were given first refusal and they've taken that so Troyes have lived up to this clause but it says nothing about if Saganowski rejected playing for Southampton and decided he wanted to go elsewhere.. Southampton still had first refusal in this instance, but still couldn't complete the coupe because said player was offered a better deal at another club?

All above board if I've got the right end of the stick :102:

Why would he choose us rather than Southampton?

They finished 6th, we finished 19th, so he can hardly say it's about ambition. Can't really use the 'size of club' argument, their stadium and attendance are very similar to ours.

The only thing that could do it would be wages. And I find it difficult to believe we can afford to pay more than them. With the money they've had from Bale, Walcott and Crouch in recent years surely their financial position isn't that bad?

Nothing against Saints, but i'd really really like to see us nab this deal from under their noses... Saganowski could be an excellent signing for us (pretty much sorts our strike force IMHO with the little bit of class that we're currently lacking)... but i cant think of where Saints will bring in other players considering their current losses (assuming that the yanks dont come in for the club very soon).

I don't know why but i'm really not excited if this goes through. Yes he's scored goals and looked useful but I'd sooner us go for a younger striker, who will progress and be ready for the premier in a couple of seasons. Buy saganowski and he'll probably get 20 goals but he'll be deadwood if we reach the premier. am i missing something??? and don't say my brain please!

Why would he choose us rather than Southampton?

They finished 6th, we finished 19th, so he can hardly say it's about ambition. Can't really use the 'size of club' argument, their stadium and attendance are very similar to ours.

The only thing that could do it would be wages. And I find it difficult to believe we can afford to pay more than them. With the money they've had from Bale, Walcott and Crouch in recent years surely their financial position isn't that bad?

Southampton are in pretty poor state financially, despite the money for Crouch, Walcott and Bale... they gambled on promotion this season spending £7mil last summer, their parachute payments cut out this summer and their currently losing £1mil a week (at least that is what is being reported), unless the prospective American take over materialises they don’t have much in the way of resources to bring to bear this summer and this season coming… even compared to us, we can offer bigger wages and bigger transfer fees when compared to saints... (nice to be able to say that for once :) ).

Southampton are in pretty poor state financially, despite the money for Crouch, Walcott and Bale... they gambled on promotion this season spending £7mil last summer, their parachute payments cut out this summer and their currently losing £1mil a week (at least that is what is being reported), unless the prospective American take over materialises they don’t have much in the way of resources to bring to bear this summer and this season coming… even compared to us, we can offer bigger wages and bigger transfer fees when compared to saints... (nice to be able to say that for once :) ).

I hear 500K a month, which seems equally unlikely

The main thing that will turn this deal is once again the Topps Tiles sponsorship,he'll never come here to play under that banner

I've been reading their sites quite a bit to see about this transfer and the numbers I read were about 100k a week loss.

I don't know why but i'm really not excited if this goes through. Yes he's scored goals and looked useful but I'd sooner us go for a younger striker, who will progress and be ready for the premier in a couple of seasons. Buy saganowski and he'll probably get 20 goals but he'll be deadwood if we reach the premier. am i missing something??? and don't say my brain please!

A) He's only about 28
B) Name a striker we can get for under a mil that will progress and be ready for the prem in 2 years.

Last edited:
A) He's only about 28
B) Name a striker we can get for under a mil that will progress and be ready for the prem in 2 years.

A) 28....I'd prefer a striker who was 24-25-26...Just being picky!
B) Big Izale, Billy Sharp.

I know what i'm saying seems odd but I just don't get a great feeling over this one. I hope it all comes off of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00