Sat-Care UK Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

KempsonFox

Has anyone ever heard of these cowboys?

My mum has just checked her account and it appears they have been taking £7 a month out for the last year.
She can't ever remember signing up for anything but checking the internet it appears they cold call Sky customers claiming to be Sky.

It says on the transaction list that the transaction type is Point of Sale and reading some sites it seems to suggest that banks are unable to cancel this type monthly payment.

My mum has called several times trying to get through to the company to cancel but has never been able to, she has left numerous messages as well but never gets a call back.

Would be grateful for any help on this, it's driving me mad.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard of these cowboys?

My mum has just checked her account and it appears they have been taking £7 a month out for the last year.
She can't ever remember signing up for anything but checking the internet it appears they cold call Sky customers claiming to be Sky.

It says on the transaction list that the transaction type is Point of Sale and reading some sites it seems to suggest that banks are unable to cancel this type monthly payment.

My mum has called several times trying to get through to the company to cancel but has never been able to, she has left numerous messages as well but never gets a call back.

Would be grateful for any help on this, it's driving me mad.

Banks should be able to stop any transaction out of her account, especially if shes not authorised it.

Think they were on watchdog a while ago

Complete scam artists

If it's being processed via a debit card or any card, then cancel said card and order a new one. That way when they attempt the card number it will have changed and they'll get **** all!

Last edited:
Banks should be able to stop any transaction out of her account, especially if shes not authorised it.

If the company have a recurring credit card authority, the bank can't do anything to stop itt.

If the company have a recurring credit card authority, the bank can't do anything to stop itt.

He said "account" so I had assumed bank rather than credit card but you may be right. I'd certainly contact either the bank or credit card company.

bunch of arses, they call every 6 months or so and i look forward to it so i can abuse the poor telesales person

See if you can get your mum to put in a bogus claim for £250 for repairs after her sky box went wrong?

How is the payment being taken?

If it is in credit/visa debit card then she maybe able to chargeback some if not all of the transactions (dependent on time), they will be asked to defend the c/back by proving she signed to a contract. If they can't she should get her moneyback. All depends on what she signed up for.

If it's direct debit then she could cancel it and wait for them to chase her. I think, but not sure what action they can take. Although they are not breaking the law, they operate in an unscrupulous manner so may not worry about it.

There are a number of companies that do this type of thing. They dont say they are from sky but their wording makes you think they are.

How is the payment being taken?

If it is in credit/visa debit card then she maybe able to chargeback some if not all of the transactions (dependent on time), they will be asked to defend the c/back by proving she signed to a contract. If they can't she should get her moneyback. All depends on what she signed up for.

If it's direct debit then she could cancel it and wait for them to chase her. I think, but not sure what action they can take. Although they are not breaking the law, they operate in an unscrupulous manner so may not worry about it.

There are a number of companies that do this type of thing. They dont say they are from sky but their wording makes you think they are.

It's just her bank debit card, she was checking through her transactions on her bank account via the internet in the last year and noticed this.
The code on the bank website says POS.
She never signed up for anything and if there was any way that she "agreed" to this it was over the phone (although she is adamant she didn't).

Last edited:
She never signed up for anything and if there was any way that she "agreed" to this it was over the phone (although she is adamant she didn't).

So, how did they get her card details?

because they say that the cover (non-existant) is up for renewal and for security reasons they need her details again.

because they say that the cover (non-existant) is up for renewal and for security reasons they need her details again.

I presume they got them the way MK suggests but she honestly can't remember ever doing so. She's usually got her head screwed on to this type of thing and immediately hangs up to any suspicious call.

It's just her bank debit card, she was checking through her transactions on her bank account via the internet in the last year and noticed this.
The code on the bank website says POS.
If it's a visa dabit card she has a lot more protecton than a maestro card. She should ring her bank tomorrow and explain she did not authorise thr transactions. The bank will then attempt to recover the funds from the company who supply the facility to accept card payment to Sat-Care. By handing over her card details it could be considered that she agreed to the contract and she may not get any money back. But try this first.

Impossible. Nobody is that stupid

10162_fonejacker_george.jpg

issue a new card with a different number,
or valid from or cvc

Wouldn't work. The continuous authority is just that and the amount would continue to be charged. A continuous payment authority is not the same as a Direct Debit; there is no equivalent of the Direct Debit Guarantee and it can only be cancelled by the payee - two very good reasons not to get tied into a continuous payment authority to a credit/debit card.

Last edited:
Wouldn't work. The continuous authority is just that and the amount would continue to be charged. A continuous payment authority is not the same as a Direct Debit; there is no equivalent of the Direct Debit Guarantee and it can only be cancelled by the payee - two very good reasons not to get tied into a continuous payment authority to a credit/debit card.

How could a payment be processed through a POS terminal if the card number is no longer valid :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669