Sat-Care UK Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could a payment be processed through a POS terminal if the card number is no longer valid :102:

I have no idea of the processes that are gone through, but there are lots of examples quoted on the net from people who have been charged even after they have cancelled their cards or changed their account numbers. There are hundreds of examples of people who have been committed to CPAs who have felt safe "because they are like a Direct Debit" and who have found out later, to the their cost, just how different the two payment systems are.

And it's very odd that the companies who use CPAs rather than DDs are the ones who people regard as unscrupulous. If somebody on the telephone tells you that a CPA is just like a DD, the best course of action is to say, "No, it's not", and to put the phone down. The very mention of a Continuous Payment Authority should set the alarm bells ringing.

I have no idea of the processes that are gone through, but there are lots of examples quoted on the net from people who have been charged even after they have cancelled their cards or changed their account numbers. There are hundreds of examples of people who have been committed to CPAs who have felt safe "because they are like a Direct Debit" and who have found out later, to the their cost, just how different the two payment systems are.

And it's very odd that the companies who use CPAs rather than DDs are the ones who people regard as unscrupulous. If somebody on the telephone tells you that a CPA is just like a DD, the best course of action is to say, "No, it's not", and to put the phone down. The very mention of a Continuous Payment Authority should set the alarm bells ringing.

Out of interest, if they are so bad why does such a payment mechanism exist with the banks apparant blessing?

Out of interest, if they are so bad why does such a payment mechanism exist with the banks apparant blessing?

I don't know the real answer to your question. But on the face of it they cause less work for the banks. If a Direct Debit goes wrong, the bank has some work to do in fulfilling their Guarantee; with a CPA they can just shake their heads and tell the customer to get the payee to sort it out.

I don't know the real answer to your question. But on the face of it they cause less work for the banks. If a Direct Debit goes wrong, the bank has some work to do in fulfilling their Guarantee; with a CPA they can just shake their heads and tell the customer to get the payee to sort it out.

Seems dodgy to me, as you mentioned.

I keep getting these after care things through for my sky box, never signed up for one though thankfully.

Seems dodgy to me, as you mentioned.

I keep getting these after care things through for my sky box, never signed up for one though thankfully.

My HD box went wrong recently. I just bought a new PSU for it for £35 off the net and alls well, plus the PSU is guaranteed for 3 years. £84 a year for something that only costs £200 to replace is ridiculous.

So what options do we have? If the bank can't sort it and Sat Care can not be contacted how is it possible to get this payment stopped?

So what options do we have? If the bank can't sort it and Sat Care can not be contacted how is it possible to get this payment stopped?

change bank:102:

if they're not able to stop it and you've not authorised it i wouldn't deal with them again.

Alliance and Leicester will give you £100 for switching to one of their accounts and will transfer all your DD's etc. If you sign up through Quidco you get another £50 cashback. Will solve the issue and more than replace the money thats missing thanks to Wank Cure.

if you say to your bank "get rid of this CPA or i close my account" they surely will get rid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669