Sat Nav - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

I'm after the above item for christmas (f there's already a thread, please point out). Anyway, Criteria are
1. Large screen, easy to use & set up
2. Audio - tells you where to turn etc, not just visual
3. Under £200
4. Points out speed cameras & (don't know if poss) mobile cameras
5. Only want one that covers UK roads; I don't drive abroad, hence price limit should be realistic to get a good one.

Believe Halfords is discounting many until end of trading on Monday, so I may need to act promptly on any info. Thanks.

I'm after the above item for christmas (f there's already a thread, please point out). Anyway, Criteria are
1. Large screen, easy to use & set up
2. Audio - tells you where to turn etc, not just visual
3. Under £200
4. Points out speed cameras & (don't know if poss) mobile cameras
5. Only want one that covers UK roads; I don't drive abroad, hence price limit should be realistic to get a good one.

Believe Halfords is discounting many until end of trading on Monday, so I may need to act promptly on any info. Thanks.

The one that sounds like the best one for you is the TomTom One XL GB, however I can tell you for a fact that both Leicester Halfords stores are sold out (I should know seeing as I work for them)

Another good model is the Garmin Nuvi 200W, which I believe is down to £139 (don't quote me on that, I could be wrong).

Any more help or advice please PM me I'm more than happy to help. :023:

Any more help or advice - I'm more than happy to help. :023:
Dear MHS,

I have a slight yellowing discolouration of one of my toenails and I fear that it may be a fungal infection. I have been told that a foot bath of vinegar will help - what do you suggest?

Thanks,
Disco the Bob

:068:

Can't find a yawn icon so the above will have to do instead.

Aaww, you couldn't find a yawn smiley?
yawn.gif

Why didn't you ask your satnav where to find one, you big girl? :icon_wink

Dear MHS,

I have a slight yellowing discolouration of one of my toenails and I fear that it may be a fungal infection. I have been told that a foot bath of vinegar will help - what do you suggest?

Thanks,
Disco the Bob

Drink excessive amounts of alcohol, it will make you forget about it. :icon_wink

Why anyone would care to pay hundreds of pounds to end up on a dead-end, dirt-track three miles outside of Stroud, without a crack addicted prostitute is, quite frankly, beyond me.

Why anyone would care to pay hundreds of pounds to end up on a dead-end, dirt-track three miles outside of Stroud, without a crack addicted prostitute is, quite frankly, beyond me.

you are utterly wrong. I can find these anywhere.
Scarboro's suggestion is less than helpful. Maps suck, but we're getting back to crack addicts again (they cost about the same). Macky - yes I must confess I am a big girl's blouse. Found one on the Tranny & Susanah show.

I drive to many destinations for money-earning purposes. People who are paying me are not happy if I am late but more importantly neither am I. So as one who freelances a lot, moonlights with private assignments outside of work, and who takes paid engagements in the entertainment world - I can do without the hassle & stress of working out what the friggin map means - or an internet route finder means - when I get to each and every junction and everyhting appears to be a lot less clear. On Friday I was booked for a funtion that should have taken me 21 mins according to the route I printed off the net if I hadn't got confused on the way - thus I got there in 45 mins. This happens all too often. I don't want to spend a minute reading maps anyway. They are tedium incorporated.

Sounds like I'm irritated (with the posts), I'm not! But I am very irritated and fed up with getting lost or taking double the time the route finders tell me it should take (with a whole pile of stress thrown in as well). There are better things to stress over - and honestly better things to do than reading a map and then anxiously following it with numerous stops at petrol stations and of pedestrians to ask the real way. Sat Navs here I come... you'll be worth every penny.

Last edited:
I worked as a rep for eleven years, across Europe, and never missed an appointment due to being unable to find the place. I found asking the client to fax a map was a boon.

I've got GPS on my N95 but haven't bothered to use it once because (as everyone knows) GPS gives you herpes and makes you infertile.

some of us have it and some of us don't... AMRDS (attention map reading deficit syndrome). Spatial awareness is just something I am not good at. Whilst I admire you getting to meetings in Europe, I went to a wedding up north in the summer. Half an hour spent reading the map at home and writing it down on a sheet of paper clearly, and we got there alright but not without some stress and having to stop and ask. We're not all naturally good at this as you are. I'd rather eliminate the time and hassle (oh, and the speed camera bit is useful too)

Last edited:
I think map reading should feature as part of the driving test.

There are too many spatially-challenged people on our roads - just ask BG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669