Sat Nav - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat-Nav's are brilliant - they have maps and everything.

It would appear that someone who is more of a half-wit than me has hacked into my account and posited the opposite opinion. I demand the police are informed.

Sat-Nav's are brilliant - they have maps and everything.

It would appear that someone who is more of a half-wit than me has hacked into my account and posited the opposite opinion. I demand the police are informed.

So which one have you bought yourself today then :icon_wink

So which one have you bought yourself today then :icon_wink
I had credit at Currys to use up - so I got a Tomtom720.

It was that or a PS3 and I have heard a number of stories of people ending up crashing as they changed the game disk on them.

There is still absolutely no chance of a satnav finding its way into Macky's car without being unmercifully destroyed with a wheel brace

My thread still lives...
My update is that I did indeed get a Sat Nav for christmas, a Garwin. It was on offer at Halfords, and I'm delighted with it.
I've had a few fee-paying bookings at unfamiliar locations both outside and inside Leicestershire since I got it, & I have to say that it was absolute bliss to not have to look at a map, write it all down, and cast anxious glances at it all the time whilst driving and get there SO easily - and ON TIME. Just banged in the post code, and followed what the sat nav told/showed me. I've got several more bookings to come over Easter and the May bank holidays as well as the wedding season in Summer and autumn. It is a relief to not have to bother with maps and not worry about getting there late or stressed from the journey due to uncertainties about the route and taking wrong turnings etc.

My sat nav that I got for Christmas is superb, it got me straight to the looney bin without a hitch.
Good for you Consty, they always take you where you need to go eventually :icon_wink

There is still absolutely no chance of a satnav finding its way into Macky's car without being unmercifully destroyed with a wheel brace
SatNav Mk1 was the recipient of many a strong blow for not being able to understand left from right or being able to give a decent, clear instruction until five minutes after the junction had gone.

SatNav Mk1 is f*cking lucky to still be allowed to cook my teatime, clean my clothes and relieve my sexual tension.

SatNav Mk2 gives me directions just as a male would, only with a dead sexy voice. She then shuts up and lets me drive while patching through phone calls or playing music.

If they ever release a Mk3 that does all of the home duties Mk1 is out of the door.

Good for you Consty, they always take you where you need to go eventually :icon_wink

well I've had no trouble at all so far, indeed they are very good at putting you straight onto the right road if you don't quite take the right one at a junction/roundabout.
I'm hopeful of avoiding one of the well-documented cases of sat navs sending you into a lake/down a dirt track etc etc...

My thread still lives...
My update is that I did indeed get a Sat Nav for christmas, a Garwin. It was on offer at Halfords, and I'm delighted with it.

From my branch I hope, will mean an extra few pence in my bonus next month. :)

From my branch I hope, will mean an extra few pence in my bonus next month. :)

Yes indeed, Halfords next to Home Base, Welford Rd. You'd sent me a pm with very good advice and I went over, finally settling on the Garwin over the TomTom. It crossed my mind to declare who I was because I did ask for a demo & explanation - it could've been you, but I don't like distracting people with social chit chat I've never met when they are at work. Thanks for your advice though. The very good deal on the Garwin swung it for me, and the fact that I'd been on a journey with my brother who has one of these, so I'd got a feel for how it worked and liked it. Hope you got the bonus!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670