Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Earlier today i recieved a call from the number 08453560020 who claimed to be the natwest fraud department-the automated service seemed genuine, as all they did was check that i was aware of the last 5 transactions on my account, and didnt ask for any details etc. I have also done a search on google and the number appears to be genuine, though i can't find anything on Natwests official site, so will be calling them tomorrow-has anyone else had this ?

They gave me 3 options to choose from for my birth month and birth date, so i guess they technically had them-i would call natwest now, but it appears there only 8am-8pm

They gave me 3 options to choose from for my birth month and birth date, so i guess they technically had them-i would call natwest now, but it appears there only 8am-8pm

hmm.. I would double check with them just to put your mind at rest. I know that halifax have the same kind of system in place.

Earlier today i recieved a call from the number 08453560020 who claimed to be the natwest fraud department-the automated service seemed genuine, as all they did was check that i was aware of the last 5 transactions on my account, and didnt ask for any details etc. I have also done a search on google and the number appears to be genuine, though i can't find anything on Natwests official site, so will be calling them tomorrow-has anyone else had this ?

As you've mentioned, it appears to be genuine.

Someone on the whocallsme site says:

Tom - 3 Jan 2008
It genuinely is Nat West Fraud trying to get hold of you to check suspicious transactions on your account. I was suspicious so didn't call this number, called main customer services and got through to the Fraud department, they confirmed this was one of their numbers.

Worringly, some people have lost cash from scammers in USA. Wasn't you out there not so long back ??

you havent used the Trocadero petrol station on Uppingham Road ?? They had cards cloned there...

I did notice on that forum someone said they had been called because there was a lot of activity from their card on the Internet. The last five transactions have all been on the Internet

and you'd know that how.......? :icon_wink

it's a beautiful thing seeing a girl and a man in a stolen romantic moment

and then another girl joining in

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48