Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millers Crossing 8/10

Wonderful film in every way. Cinamatography is superb, amazing script that flows like a novel.

Characters are all superbly played, a real gem of a gangster movie that few know about, it is subtle and boistrous at the perfect times.

Thirteen Days - Cuban Missile crisis film with Kevin Costner. Essentially lots of political suspense, which I enjoy. Really well done 7.5/10

Ocean's Thirteen - far better than the second, not a patch on the first 6/10.

Pans Labyrinth

8/10

In 1944 fascist Spain, a girl, fascinated with fairy-tales, is sent along with her pregnant mother to live with her new stepfather, a ruthless captain of the Spanish army. During the night, she meets a fairy who takes her to an old faun in the center of the labyrinth. He tells her she's a princess, but must prove her royalty by surviving three gruesome tasks. If she fails, she will never prove herself to be the the true princess and will never see her real father, the king, again.

This film was excelent, I recomend it highly.
But beware it is in spanish with english subtitles.

Pans Labyrinth

8/10

In 1944 fascist Spain, a girl, fascinated with fairy-tales, is sent along with her pregnant mother to live with her new stepfather, a ruthless captain of the Spanish army. During the night, she meets a fairy who takes her to an old faun in the center of the labyrinth. He tells her she's a princess, but must prove her royalty by surviving three gruesome tasks. If she fails, she will never prove herself to be the the true princess and will never see her real father, the king, again.

This film was excelent, I recomend it highly.
But beware it is in spanish with english subtitles.

Agreed, although I'd give it a 9/10 - it is an amazing film.

Last King of Scotland - 7/10

Superb Book, Good film.

As usual if you read the book first, the film never meets your expectations, but Forest Whitaker was amazing as Idi Amin. Definately worth watching and the extras on the DVD about Amin's regime were interesting too.

Last King of Scotland - 7/10

Superb Book, Good film.

As usual if you read the book first, the film never meets your expectations, but Forest Whitaker was amazing as Idi Amin. Definately worth watching and the extras on the DVD about Amin's regime were interesting too.

7/10 is about right for me too.

Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and, as you say, it was a superb portrayal of Idi Amin.

Premonition - 3/10

WHY WHY WHY?

Side note: Sandra Bullock is hot.

O Brother, Where art thou? - 6/10 Friday night entertainment.
Covenant 6/10 - continuing my Friday entertainment.

Good bits in both, but wouldn't go out of the way to watch.

O Brother, Where art thou? - 6/10 Friday night entertainment.

I loved that, id give it 9.5. One of the Coens' best, cant wait to see No Country for Old Men

Anyways, i just watched Blue Velvet for the upteenth time, still a perfect 10, fecking incredible, though Eraserhead is still better IMO

I loved that, id give it 9.5. One of the Coens' best, cant wait to see No Country for Old Men

Anyways, i just watched Blue Velvet for the upteenth time, still a perfect 10, fecking incredible, though Eraserhead is still better IMO

If you like the Coens then watch Millers Crossing.

If you like the Coens then watch Millers Crossing.

Ive got it taped and been meaning to see it for ages, but still havent got around to it, i will do though, i hear its one of their best

Death Proof - 7/10
Planet Terror - 9/10

Two really fun films to watch with excellent cinematography and dialogue, especially Death Proof. Very typical Tarantino, so if you're not a fan I'd avoid

Death Proof - 7/10
Planet Terror - 9/10

Two really fun films to watch with excellent cinematography and dialogue, especially Death Proof. Very typical Tarantino, so if you're not a fan I'd avoid

Do you watch movies on joox?

Watched the Simpson movie for the first time last night.

Some very good bits i thought but it was just basically a long episode. I can see them making more though now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69