Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Terminator - 9.5/10 - Absolutely ****ing brilliant! I was expecting a disapointment in the same vein as the new Indie, but whilst it is very different in style to the originals it is all grit and very intense.

I watched Wolverine today... chuffing loved it!

9/10... downside is so many cameos that we didn't get to see enough of some characters... and it made me want to see more!

I watched Wolverine today... chuffing loved it!

9/10... downside is so many cameos that we didn't get to see enough of some characters... and it made me want to see more!

The speccy twat is the next one, cyclops.

The speccy twat is the next one, cyclops.

Really? Thought they were supposed to be doing Magneto

I want more of Gambit!

They're doing a Deadpool spinoff too, which will be interesting... I'm assuming it will be before he gets disfigured, because in the comics he wears a mask and doesn't speak...

It certainly is, and after watching it I would say he is the true master of horror.

Hes definitely up there. Dario Argento has to be the master for me though, closely followed by Romero.

Really? Thought they were supposed to be doing Magneto

I want more of Gambit!

They're doing a Deadpool spinoff too, which will be interesting... I'm assuming it will be before he gets disfigured, because in the comics he wears a mask and doesn't speak...

Hmm thinking about it I'd also heard Magneto in passing, spose we'll have to see.

According to IMDB it is Magneto next, in 2011. Then XMen Origins - Wolverine 2! What?!

Last edited:
Cracking film!

Not a huge fan of the horror flicks but this one is really well done. And the funny parts are brilliant.

Nice shot of the tits too when she's getting rained on whilst digging the grave :icon_bigg

Not usually a horror fan either but after your reviews i thought i'd give it a go and loved it. Cracking music to it as Lako said.

The missus was scared shitless and clung onto me all film. I also have various nail marks where she has gripped very tightly.

I must admit i didn't expect a few of the scary moments in it and it made me jump at times.

Eden Lake 7/10....it's not really a horror, but at times, it's one of the hardest films I've had to watch. It redeemed itself with a very dark ending.

Typically set in Derbyshire with this local place for local people vibe.

I might go and see that film with Cantona in it,looks ok.
Incidentally my brother looks like Eric Cantona,well he used to

Last edited:
Watched a couple of cult films from my youth recently. At the time I would have said 9/10 for all 3. Having rewatched them you notice how much the world of film has progressed.

Films in questions are: - Warriors, Mad Max and Escape to Victory.

Mad Max was supposed to be set in the future. In 1979 they didn't have much of an imagination!!

Eden Lake 7/10....it's not really a horror, but at times, it's one of the hardest films I've had to watch. It redeemed itself with a very dark ending.

Typically set in Derbyshire with this local place for local people vibe.

I'd give it a 4/10, if I was being generous.
Load of feckin nonsense it is. A film about middle-class angst about those evil, hooligan, baby-eating, hoodie-wearing chavs.
A movie definitely made with Daily Mail readers as its target audience.

I'd give it a 4/10, if I was being generous.
Load of feckin nonsense it is. A film about middle-class angst about those evil, hooligan, baby-eating, hoodie-wearing chavs.
A movie definitely made with Daily Mail readers as its target audience.

My mate recommended it to me. He's a working class lad whose gone to Cambridge. I reckon those southern stuck-up poofers must have got hold of him.

The more I consider it, the more I write it off as predictable and average.

Wanted 6.5/10 fairly run of the mill action flick
Yes Man 8/10 very funny at times, particularly the Harry Potter party and the Korean wedding shop, although pretty standard rom-com story at the end of the day. No resemblance to the Danny Wallace book!

Forrest Gump, 9/10, first time I've sat and watched the film all the way through. Cracking film.
Glad I never went cinema with Mrs HTB to watch it, though. She cries at the trailers!

I'm looking forward to Public Enemies. If anybody doesn't know, it's a film about 1930's American outlaw John Dillinger, his gang, their crimes and the subsequent efforts by the US Government to restore order after the Great Depression. These were the times during the prohibition law and crime was rife. The FBI was created to combat this problem and this film shows how J.Edgar Hoover very nearly lost his job, the FBI and all respect from the people of America for his, almost fanatical, pursuit of Dillinger.

I have always been interested in 1920/30's American history so this film can't hit the screens soon enough for me.

I'm looking forward to Public Enemies. If anybody doesn't know, it's a film about 1930's American outlaw John Dillinger, his gang, their crimes and the subsequent efforts by the US Government to restore order after the Great Depression. These were the times during the prohibition law and crime was rife. The FBI was created to combat this problem and this film shows how J.Edgar Hoover very nearly lost his job, the FBI and all respect from the people of America for his, almost fanatical, pursuit of Dillinger.

I have always been interested in 1920/30's American history so this film can't hit the screens soon enough for me.

Hello Singth. Long time no see!

The hangover - I liked it. My kind of humour. The missus thought it was crap. 8/10

Going to see Transformers tonight, The Hangover next week and then Public Enemies when that comes out.

Agree Singth, I love my 1920's America, some cracking films based on those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669