Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land of the lost on DVD. Not really a big Will Farrel fan but I thought this was a decent film. Not half as bad as I feared, quite funny.

I watched 2012 last night and came to the conclusion that I despise all disaster movies.

What are you dicking about with disaster movies for, ted? You need to start watching more cheap Italian gore. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
The Lovely Bones - 7/10 - Visually superb but I was left wanting more by the emotional parts, I didn't feel connected enough and didn't even cry. I was also left very disenchanted by the ending. Do the parents get more closure in the book?

seen 4 dvd recently

Ghost Ship...top carnage at the start, a couple of edge of seat moments but mostly ghost shite 6/10

sherlock holmes...lovely stuff 8.5/10

The bank job...jason statham being tough and a few breasts thrown in..not too bad actually. 7.5/10

the trench.. daniel craig as scouse sarge in ww1 drama... feck, we're so lucky living when we are.. 8/10

Whip It! - 7.5/10 - Drew Barrymore directed slightly emo teen equivelent of Dodgeball. Well shot, no huge names (Ellen Page, Drew Barrymore and Juliette Lewis about the only ones) and was very funny in parts. Ellen Page would definately get it.

"Tim ****ing Burtons" Alice In Wonderland

Possibly one of the worst things I have ever exchanged money for. Blockbusters should have paid me to watch it.

Not only is the animation awful but there are several scenes thrown in just for the sake of 3D.

Stop it Tim, please.

Interesting, I think I would disagree with every part of that post.

Robin hood - had heard some average reviews but really liked it. The accent IS dodgy though ( sorry mr.crowe I really am!)

Deja Vu. Very confusing, kept getting the feeling I'd seen it before.

:tumbleweed:

Booo! Decent film, nothing earth shattering.

On the subject of Denzel, I watched the remake of the taking of Pelham 123 last night. John Travolta does an entertaining baddie.

Full Metal Jacket for the first time last night. I thought it was excellent, although still not a patch on Apocolypse Now. I was a bit pissed off with ITV because after the really intense where Pyle shoots the drill coommander and then himself, it cut straight to 118 advert with the Ghostbusters song in it. It just ruined the moment slightly.:icon_lol:

Full Metal Jacket for the first time last night. I thought it was excellent, although still not a patch on Apocolypse Now. I was a bit pissed off with ITV because after the really intense where Pyle shoots the drill coommander and then himself, it cut straight to 118 advert with the Ghostbusters song in it. It just ruined the moment slightly.:icon_lol:

Hamburger Hill is also a very good if less known 'Nam film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670