Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my Sky+ not full of stuff at the moment, finally had time to watch a couple of DVDs this week. Star Trek and Charlie Wilson's War both 9/10, both excellent films.

Inception

Difficult to review really. Some of the most mindblowing scenes I've seen on a screen but a very complicated plot. May take a while for this one to set in before making the regular over-estimation after watching it at the cinemas (although it deserves watching at cinema)

Life During Wartime - 5/10 - Didn't really achieve what it set out to, an attempt at pushing some boundaries but without actually doing anything new. A proper review is on my blog ;)

Rewatched Charlie Wilson's War - 8/10 - Fantastic. I really like Philip Seymour Hoffman in everything he does, great actor.

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Not great, I'd give it 6/10 for the action, though the CGI sequences looked no better than those in the 1981 original in places. None of the acting was inspired really, which is a shame as Sam Worthington was great in Avatar (though he actually filmed Clash first, it just came out after). It felt very rushed and very short, and a bit shit really.

it was in my school experimenting days and i didn't think anyone was there. :icon_bigg

it was over 10 years ago. Time to forget, you live and learn. You could have been that middle aged women actually........ :icon_wink

I still don't understand the logic. Sure you wanted to experiment, but why not do the usual experimenting with hoover or a ketchup bottle up the arse? The bus is just about the least arousing environment I can imagine. As you said you thought you were alone, so there weren't even a honey around to inspire you. Out of interest, did you complete the wank?

Last edited:
I still don't understand the logic. Sure you wanted to experiment, but why not do the usual experimenting with hoover or a ketchup bottle up the arse? The bus is just about the least arousing environment I can imagine, as you say you were alone, so there weren't even a honey around to inspire you. Out of interest, did you complete the wank?

At that age you just can't control it teddy boy. It was a warm day and i believe it could have been the start of the summer and tit monday in particular.

Mistakes happen!

I still don't understand the logic. Sure you wanted to experiment, but why not do the usual experimenting with hoover or a ketchup bottle up the arse?

Make sure you use a condom kids, or it'll put you off using the ketchup on your chips afterwards

At that age you just can't control it teddy boy. It was a warm day and i believe it could have been the start of the summer and tit monday in particular.

Mistakes happen!

I could, and still can. Whilst reluctant to divulge too information about my masturbating habits, I've certainly never had one in a public place. I got tempted in a butcher's shop once, all that bare flesh....

it was in my school experimenting days and i didn't think anyone was there. :icon_bigg

it was over 10 years ago. Time to forget, you live and learn. You could have been that middle aged women actually........ :icon_wink

is that the best you could come up with? :icon_lol:

Inception

Difficult to review really. Some of the most mindblowing scenes I've seen on a screen but a very complicated plot. May take a while for this one to set in before making the regular over-estimation after watching it at the cinemas (although it deserves watching at cinema)
Everybody needs to see this film. After Gangs of New York, The Departed and Blood Diamond, you should be watching everything with LDC in it anyway. Just pay your money and watch it.

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Not great, I'd give it 6/10 for the action, though the CGI sequences looked no better than those in the 1981 original in places. None of the acting was inspired really, which is a shame as Sam Worthington was great in Avatar (though he actually filmed Clash first, it just came out after). It felt very rushed and very short, and a bit shit really.

We watched this at the weekend.

Not a bad sunday afternoon film but nowhere near as good as more recent family fantasy/adventure efforts. would give it 7/10 myself.

Date Night - Slow and a little boring. What annoys me about these films is that the actors are far funnier when they're improvising. When they're just following instructions it becomes boring. Jokes were predictable. That bird from 30 Rock is a bit of a MILF though. 4/10

The Lovely Bones - a bit of a girly/weepy film but very good regardless. When a child is murdered in a film it usually turns into revenge-fueled carnage. This gets further into the psychology if life and death a lot better. 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669