Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crazies - not bad. not great. Worth a watch if you enjoy this sort of old school zombie-killing 'horror'. 6/10

Green Zone 6/10, Disappointing
Harry Brown 8/10, Really enjoyed it.
Brothers 7/10, Decent enough,
The Road 7/10, Same as above

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - 8/10. Pleasantly surprised, better than I thought it would be (for a kids film) and a nice way to pass a couple of hours.

9/10 from me. It was a bit dark, I would have hated it if I was the age of it's target audience.

10/10 for me for the second half, I had to do halves with my wife as we couldn't take our one-year old in. Even so there were some real highlights and the ending was brilliant.

Warning for those taking kids, our four year old really didn't like the denouement.

Watched Children of Men, found it ok but a little bit of a mess. Not sure why it was raved about quite so much. 6/10

10/10 for me for the second half, I had to do halves with my wife as we couldn't take our one-year old in. Even so there were some real highlights and the ending was brilliant.

Warning for those taking kids, our four year old really didn't like the denouement.

The ending had me welling up for sure.

Anyone else think the grown up Andy looks just like Stuart Broad?

bronson, not a classic, but made by the lead actor's brooding menace.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised at it's content, expecting as i was the toupee toting disciplinarian from Grange Hill....

Toy Story 3 7/10. Didn't enjoy it as much as the other two.

The 3D was a waste of money (I was more visually impressed by Sky's 3D advert with the Football looking amazing).

That advert is a fantastic visually. You've half put me off going to see it in 3D now.

The 3D was a waste of money (I was more visually impressed by Sky's 3D advert with the Football looking amazing).

I've been to see two films in 3D now and missed the adverts both times. My wife says the adverts have been by far the best use of 3D.

Men Who Stare At Goats - 9/10 - Absolutely great, real laugh and daft and bizarre. I wasn't expecting to like it as I don't particularly like Clooney's films (Ocean's Eleven aside) but it was very good.

I found this absolutely awful.

I watched this, Stepbrothers and Hurt Locker on holiday.

I didn't like any of them.

This and Stepbrothers both missed the mark in terms of humour.

Hurt Locker - there just didn't really seem to be a plot. (I did miss a bit of this when I wondered to the bar and back so could be completely wrong)

I found this absolutely awful.

Agreed. I think I've already posted in this thread how disappointed I was with Men Who Stare At Goats.
Was really looking forward to it as well, being a bit of a fan of Jon Ronson

Hurt Locker - there just didn't really seem to be a plot. (I did miss a bit of this when I wondered to the bar and back so could be completely wrong)

The plot was very weak, but the direction was superb, I thought

Try the Squirt Locker. Messy fun.

Shutter Island, 8/10, good dit, to tell you anything about it would give the film away, (maybe I have done!)
Wolfman, yawn....5
Edge of Darkness, 7.5
Inception, 7.5, Took a while (surpise!) to get into, but then it all became clear, liked it
Eclipse, haven't seen it, and I bloody well aint gonna.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669