Schadenfreude

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a look here Lako, you'll find somewhere that you can upload it to. :D

I'm with lako42 on that .I would like to post pics, but i confess that my pc knowledge is limited , and don't find it easy to ask questions for fear of looking stupid next to the office type dudes. :? :smt017

Brauny Blue said:
I'm with lako42 on that .I would like to post pics, but i confess that my pc knowledge is limited , and don't find it easy to ask questions for fear of looking stupid next to the office type dudes. :? :smt017

Just chirp up with the questions and we can see those with the "knowledge" cock up the answers. :roll: :p :p :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
Brauny Blue said:

Just chirp up with the questions and we can see those with the "knowledge" cock up the answers. :roll: :p :p :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

:lol:
What is your take on quantum physics Steven? :roll:

Brauny Blue said:
when you post a picture, it has to exist somewhere on the internet first. so you need to find somewhere that you can transfer the picture to from your pc.

most internet providers provide you with a bit of space on a server that you can place web pages, pictures, documents etc on.
if you transfer the picture to this webspace, you can then put a link to it in your post. [img="type the address of the web server here"][/img]

Brauny Blue said:
office type dudes
:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :D

Macky said:
Brauny Blue said:
when you post a picture, it has to exist somewhere on the internet first. so you need to find somewhere that you can transfer the picture to from your pc.

most internet providers provide you with a bit of space on a server that you can place web pages, pictures, documents etc on.
if you transfer the picture to this webspace, you can then put a link to it in your post. [img="type the address of the web server here"][/img]

Brauny Blue said:
office type dudes
:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :D

Thanks Macky :D :smt023

OK Steven, as you appear to be a physics expert..

The commentator on the Liverpool v Chelsea match tonight said the ball was picking up pace from the greasy pitch. Football commentators are obviously highly intelligent people, so he must be right.

So presumably if you have a really flat greasy pitch with no obstructions, if you kick a ball it will gradually 'pick up pace' until it eventually reaches the speed of light.

It seems that the football on wet grass principle would be a useful source of cheap electricity, if there was a way to harness the kinetic energy in the football. Do you know if this is something that's being developed, and will we eventually be able to power our home with electricity generated at the Walkers Stadium? If so, does Paul Mace know about it?

Steven said:

correct again Steven :oops:

Macky said:
you can then put a link to it in your post. [img="type the address of the web server here"][/img]

:oops: :oops: :-D

thought I'd best point that out myself before I get shot down in flames! :D

webmaster said:
So presumably if you have a really flat greasy pitch with no obstructions, if you kick a ball it will gradually 'pick up pace' until it eventually reaches the speed of light.

It seems that the football on wet grass principle would be a useful source of cheap electricity, if there was a way to harness the kinetic energy in the football. Do you know if this is something that's being developed, and will we eventually be able to power our home with electricity generated at the Walkers Stadium? If so, does Paul Mace know about it?

I've heard it was something that was definitely being looked into, but the idea was rubbished due to the stadium share 'cause the egg-catchers will create too many ruts in the pitch :wink: :roll: :D

Brauny Blue said:
Steven said:
Brauny Blue said:

:lol:
What is your take on quantum physics Steven? :roll:

"Anyone who is not shocked by the quantum theory has not understood it."
- Niels Bohr

A fascinating topic not least of is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. As Bohr was a Dane, try this link :) ;-)

There is an experiment in Switzerland that looks at the question of Quantum Photon Entanglement whereby two photons are split and sent to measuring devices some seven miles apart. In a manner as yet unknown what happens to one of these photons appears to affect the behaviour of the other.

This covers it :D :D :wink: ;-)

webmaster said:

The commentator on the Liverpool v Chelsea match tonight said the ball was picking up pace from the greasy pitch. Football commentators are obviously highly intelligent people, so he must be right.

This would seem to violate Newton's Second Law of Motion unless the grass is applying an as yet unknown and unseen force. :roll: :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

The second law explains how the velocity of an object changes when it is subjected to an external force. The law defines a force to be equal to change in momentum (mass times velocity) per change in time. Newton also developed the calculus of mathematics, and the "changes" expressed in the second law are most accurately defined in differential forms. (Calculus can also be used to determine the velocity and location variations experienced by an object subjected to an external force.) For an object with a constant mass m, the second law states that the force F is the product of an object's mass and its acceleration a:

F = m * a

Someone once gave me an explanation of ' Quantum theory' concerning light and time being distorted when travelling through a black hole.
But i thought i'd leave the black hole bit out, for fear of exciting some of our more creepy/pervy posters in the morning. :roll: :wink: :D

Steven said:
webmaster said:

This would seem to violate Newton's Second Law of Motion unless the grass is applying an as yet unknown and unseen force. :roll: :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

So are you suggesting commentators don't know what they're talking about?

Next you'll be telling me footballers can't actually 'give 110%'

Back to the topic...

webmaster said:

The middle photo....
Isn't that one of those new contraception ideas being brought into Leicester?

:D

The old ones are the best :roll:

webmaster said:
Steven said:
webmaster said:

So are you suggesting commentators don't know what they're talking about?

Next you'll be telling me footballers can't actually 'give 110%'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

webmaster said:

if you think our PR is disgracefully embarassing at times you should watch sky sports news today, i do feel for charlton fans

Players can give a 110% inprovement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570