Schadenfreude

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
Players can give a 110% inprovement.

Well done Joe. 11/10 for that.

But they can't give 110%, which is what is frequently said by footballers. I've even heard some say they've given 1,000%.

That's just Mark De Vries

A thousand per cent of pure unadulterated shit

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
Players can give a 110% inprovement.

Well done Joe. 11/10 for that.

But they can't give 110%, which is what is frequently said by footballers. I've even heard some say they've given 1,000%.

I give 10%^100 every time I eat a kebab.

I think we are all being idiots here. It's just a figure of speech after all.

webmaster said:
It seems that the football on wet grass principle would be a useful source of cheap electricity ... does Paul Mace know about it?

I can confirm that Paul Mace does know about it. He did think of lighting the stadium floodlights with it, but he turned down the idea on the grounds that he has found far easier ways to waste the club's money.

Like lining his 120 year anniversary pockets.

fitz said:
if you think our PR is disgracefully embarassing at times you should watch sky sports news today, i do feel for charlton fans

OK, Let us into your secret. What has happened to the Charlton fans?

back to the subject...

I was sent this link by a Foxy colleague of mine today, with the strap line "Funniest pictures ever"...

I beg to differ - the photo of the little Leeds fan last season with "Leeds till I die" scrawled on his scrawny chest in felt tip pen was far funnier.

But we deserved it, and I have no complaints. Better to clear out the dross than bounce about the bottom for another season with has-been players who don't give a s**t for the club. Yes, I'm thinking Podgers and Gimpey in particular :-(

So now we have the delights of awaydays to come in Barnsley, and Chesterfield. Oh Joy!

Whereas you can look forward to awaydays in Burnley and Cardiff.

So enjoy your bit of fun at our expense, but have the decency to think "there but for the grace of God..." etc. We will not find it easy to bounce back, methinks, and you could so easily join us unless you improve substantially.

A shame we've all lost 2 big games with full grounds to look forward to, don't you think - well - do you?

cooch said:
back to the subject...

I was sent this link by a Foxy colleague of mine today, with the strap line "Funniest pictures ever"...

I beg to differ - the photo of the little Leeds fan last season with "Leeds till I die" scrawled on his scrawny chest in felt tip pen was far funnier.

But we deserved it, and I have no complaints. Better to clear out the dross than bounce about the bottom for another season with has-been players who don't give a s**t for the club. Yes, I'm thinking Podgers and Gimpey in particular :-(

So now we have the delights of awaydays to come in Barnsley, and Chesterfield. Oh Joy!

Whereas you can look forward to awaydays in Burnley and Cardiff.

So enjoy your bit of fun at our expense, but have the decency to think "there but for the grace of God..." etc. We will not find it easy to bounce back, methinks, and you could so easily join us unless you improve substantially.

A shame we've all lost 2 big games with full grounds to look forward to, don't you think - well - do you?

I think clubs sometimes reach a point where it is better to drop down a division to get things sorted out and that's where you've got to.

To be honest, there was a big difference between us and you this season. We might have been dire to watch but there was never any serious danger of relegation because, unlike you, we were still hard to beat.

The thing that irritates about your lot are the fantasies that somehow and for no rational reason that you are bigger than us and that you are always on the verge of sweeping to success on the back of silky football played by infant prodigies who are ready to commit their lives to your club.

There is no reason why you shouldn't bounce back next season - but you were well due for a bit of humility.

bocadillo said:
fitz said:
if you think our PR is disgracefully embarassing at times you should watch sky sports news today, i do feel for charlton fans

OK, Let us into your secret. What has happened to the Charlton fans?

their chief executive was on sky sports preaching on like a politition in a 'funny' short clip about season ticket prices going up after may the 5th, was painfull even for me to watch

Charlton have done very well of recent. They are in a bad run but they always are in a bad run at th end of a season. Curbishley is a good manager but I question his ambition.

Curbishley should leave charlton simply as their fans are unappreciative arses, everytime i've gone to charlton they complain that he should be sacked as they arent in the UEFA cup places. before curbishley their ground was shut, they were worse than forest, no-one had heard of them appart from Robert Lee, dont really need to go on much more do i?

fitz said:
Curbishley should leave charlton simply as their fans are unappreciative arses, everytime i've gone to charlton they complain that he should be sacked as they arent in the UEFA cup places. before curbishley their ground was shut, they were worse than forest, no-one had heard of them appart from Robert Lee, dont really need to go on much more do i?

Bit like those Leicester fans who have never actually seen the club before the O'Neill era

homer said:
fitz said:

Bit like those Leicester fans who have never actually seen the club before the O'Neill era

even our older fans seem to have forgotten what it was like before O'Neill in all fairness. but charlton fans want curbishley out, despite his achievements

remoh. dont encourage him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570