Speculation Schlupp to Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither

Two and half million quid for someone who is never going to get a chance up front - especially if we go up. And he's simply not a left back

Flippin' bonkers

What if it was a small fee and 2.5 if he met his potential for them?

Re: Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

That's a good point. It might have been feck all upfront and mostly in add ons and such. If it was all upfront though.. WHAT THE **** ARE WE THINKING?

So if he goes, who provides cover for strikers, left wing and left back?

The strikers and left wing are already covered. As he's pretty awful at left back I doubt we should be concerned about losing that cover.

Keep anyone associated with the first team squad until the summer. We don't need the money and why risk upsetting the delicate chemistry we clearly have.

Schlupp has genuine potential, his value won't go down between now and the summer.

We've had bids from Fulham and Swansea now, Fergie took a good long look at him last season.... and people are questioning why we turned down £2.5m?

Yes it's good money for someone not in our team... but based on the interest, I reckon we could go a fair bit more for him.

Personally I'm loving seeing us shooting down these bids so quickly. It's a good feeling to be knocking back bids from Premier League clubs! For the last decade if they've come knocking we'd not be in a position to say no.

Keep anyone associated with the first team squad until the summer. We don't need the money and why risk upsetting the delicate chemistry we clearly have.

But the 'chemistry' might well be disturbed by not allowing him to a decent Premier League club, presumably on a decent contract, but instead keep him here where he can't even make the bench

We've had bids from Fulham and Swansea now, Fergie took a good long look at him last season.... and people are questioning why we turned down £2.5m?

I assume you think we should ask for more? It's worth a go I agree, but I doubt we'll see any significantly higher offers.

Schlupp has genuine potential.

I thought so a couple of years ago, but he just doesn't seem to have improved at all. When he burst onto the scene 2 1/2 years ago, he looked like a fairly quick (but not Dyer/Vardy/De Laet quick) player with a bit of technical nous, but no footballing brain and a dreadful decision maker.

2 1/2 years later he looks like a fairly quick (but not Dyer/Vardy/De Laet quick) player with a bit of technical nous, but no footballing brain and a dreadful decision maker.

He's the same age as Liam Moore and one year younger than Knockaert and he's currently miles behind Moore and where Knockaert was this time last year in terms of his development.

I'm genuinely shocked Premier League clubs are after him.

Last edited:

I thought so a couple of years ago, but he just doesn't seem to have improved at all. When he burst onto the scene 2 1/2 years ago, he looked like a fairly quick (but not Dyer/Vardy/De Laet quick) player with a bit of technical nous, but no footballing brain and a dreadful decision maker.

2 1/2 years later he looks like a fairly quick (but not Dyer/Vardy/De Laet quick) player with a bit of technical nous, but no footballing brain and a dreadful decision maker.

He's the same age as Liam Moore and one year younger than Knockaert and he's currently miles behind Moore and where Knockaert was this time last year in terms of his development.

I'm genuinely shocked Premier League clubs are after him.
My thoughts. Having said that, a mate of mine who hasn't missed a match in over 30 years thinks he could be excellent for us.

The whole thing is just a bit strange really.

Can't get a game here but a number of Prem teams have bid for him and expressed an interest but we don't want to sell. I would have thought we would bite their hands off at £2.5m for a player who struggles to make the bench and Jeff himself may want to push through a move as it seems he would have more opportunities at a better team.

He's still very raw but obviously got big potential so if we don't sell him and he's not getting game time here, we really need to let him out on loan as we are almost killing his career or at least holding it back it seems.

He's still very raw but obviously got big potential so if we don't sell him and he's not getting game time here, we really need to let him out on loan as we are almost killing his career or at least holding it back it seems.

Definitely agree with this.

Needs to spend the rest of this season on loan as a regular starter.

Now we see the real picture..

Rob Tanner ‏@RobTannerMerc1m

More detail emerging about Swansea offer for Schlupp. Not quite the deal first believed. Closer to 1 mill offered.

Strikers:
Wood
Taylor-Fletcher
Phillips

Left Wing:
Mahrez

Left Back:
New signing hopefully

So we sell Schlupp today and gamble that in the next 9-10 hours we find someone better who does not cost more?

Or we just keep him, put him out on loan for the rest of the season, with optional callback for cover if necessary.

Whatever he is worth now, I am sure he will be worth more in the summer as a better player in a Prem squad. Then Pearson can trade him for a better/different sort of left back with Konchesky becoming the cover player.

Mad to sell.

He is a player who MAY perform better with less 'hustle and bustle' of the Championship and the more considered game of the Premier League (should we get there)...

Not arrogant, just supremely confident that we have the right squad with the right mentality that are not going to cave in and 'blow it' like last season.

Alan (City will not lose another game this season) Young. That is arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566