Schlupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

Personally I think he's worth the gamble after seeing his 3 goals - I would start him on Saturday but he'll probably be on the bench for the Reading game

Reading is too a good a team to risk him, 2 leagues above RovRum, when we have experienced strikers available.

However it would be great for the fans to say 'Well done', and a good bit of marketing to up the gate, if Sven rightly sang his praises, announced he was on the bench, and gave him his ten minutes of glory at the end of the game.

If the kid freezes, probably no harm done. If he plays as well as tonight, he may well get much more game time, and save King Power £7million!

Certainly think he deserves Vassell's place on the bench with Gally starting

Would love to see him get 15 minutes from Sven, especially if we are already 2/3-0 up

I've got two words for you all..... Chicha rito

Sir Alex gave him a chance last season and the kid responded with a bagful of goals

let's give Schlup the same opportunity... and keep the $5 million we are dangling in front of Bristol C for Maynard, in the bank

I've got two words for you all..... Chicha rito

Sir Alex gave him a chance last season and the kid responded with a bagful of goals

let's give Schlup the same opportunity... and keep the $5 million we are dangling in front of Bristol C for Maynard, in the bank

I don't think that money is earning interest in Pound Sterling.

A few people getting carried away here.

Saw the highlights. Impressive stuff from the lad, no doubt about that.

I'm sure he will get plenty of chances this season to prove himself especially with the 3 pronged attack line. He is probably 4th choice behind nugent, Gally, Vassell and ahead of Waghorn, Howard, Dyer. No need to rush him in, as he will be required plenty throughout the year.

Saw the highlights. Impressive stuff from the lad, no doubt about that.

I'm sure he will get plenty of chances this season to prove himself especially with the 3 pronged attack line. He is probably 4th choice behind nugent, Gally, Vassell and ahead of Waghorn, Howard, Dyer. No need to rush him in, as he will be required plenty throughout the year.

Where did you watch the highlights? I see Foxes Iplayer hasn't been updated yet.

They were on SSN last evening. Even Tony Gale remarked on the young man's quick feet, ball control and composure in front of goal. There's some well-loved LCFC legends and subjects of recent speculation threads, you could never say that about ....

If Sven was an instinctive manager (like Jock Wallace) then I'd have no doubt he'd be starting Saturday. Schlupp's on fire but it won't keep - and the sensible option - encouraging bench-warming duties with the odd ten minutes impact cameo (let's call it Doing a Waggy) won't do him any favours either.

Last edited:
But what if he looked really good BECAUSE it was a League 2 side and their defenders perhaps gave him the extra half a yard of pace or space that a Championship side would not?

Why throw him in at the deep end, when you can introduce him gradually so he can adjust? Remember his team mates also have to get used to playing with him as well.

It did not work when we started Gradel in matches. He took longer to mature at that level. (Though seeing his penalty tantrum, maybe he has not matured that much)

Agree with what David said in the post match thread.

The guy rightly deserves high praise for what he did last night, but let's not start building him up and overly praising him before he's even played a minute of Championship football.

SGE watches these players every day in training, we don't. SGE likely has scouts scouting Reading to come up with the best way of countering them, we don't. I trust SGE will pick the side he thinks will beat Reading and while one thing he will have to consider will be that Schlupp will be on an undoubted high from last night, which could carry forward to Saturday, the idea that we should just throw him into the team regardless of opposition or how well they have performed in training is silly and it certainly wouldn't make SGE an "instinctive manager" (in fact is throwing someone in to the team simply because of how they performed in their last game, rather than what he sees in training or how he thinks he will perform against the next particular opposition exactly the opposite of being instinctive?).

who needs ShLong when we've got Schlupp?

Exactly, this strikes me as typical English over reaction to a young player doing well.

Tbf not many youngsters score hat-tricks on senior debut. And certainly not an English thing - Germany is in a state of mania over 19 year old Mario Gotze and in Argentina, any young kid who makes a cracking start to his career is the new 'Maradona'.

Considering we had no out and out striker on the bench at Cov, have him there.

Football's an increasingly young man's game. The peak's of careers are lower than ever.

But what if he looked really good BECAUSE it was a League 2 side and their defenders perhaps gave him the extra half a yard of pace or space that a Championship side would not?

Why throw him in at the deep end, when you can introduce him gradually so he can adjust? Remember his team mates also have to get used to playing with him as well.
The lad did well no doubt but I had the feeling Reading wouldn't have conceded any of the goals he scored last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566