Schlupp

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 subs rule makes it hard for him I reckon. Let's not crown him just yet. Keep him in the cup and perhaps on the bench while vassel is out. SGE needs to keep bench players motivated, however, he did drop Vitor last year after scoring 2. In Sven we trust!

I've got two words for you all..... Chicha rito

Sir Alex gave him a chance last season and the kid responded with a bagful of goals

let's give Schlup the same opportunity... and keep the $5 million we are dangling in front of Bristol C for Maynard, in the bank

That's an awful comparison, Hernandez cost 6 million and had already proven himself at his club and at international level.... not to mention at the world cup.

compared with Schlupp it was an easy choice for Ferguson to pick Hernandez whereas Sven has no idea whether Schlupp can handle all the pressure

Hopefully he'll at least make the subs bench. Rather Sven try something that MAY come off by using Schlupp than go for a tried and tested failure in recent times such as Howard or Waghorn.

The real test of how ready he is is whether he has already put his towel on the bench for saturday?

I'd definately like to see us ease him into some more action. The cups are obvioiusly ideal as they are not particularly important so we can afford to test players out, especially when playing lower league opposition. Hopefully he will be on the bench for a few league games and if we are ever comfortable at some point in a league game it would be an ideal chance to introduce him for the last 20 mins or so to see what he can do against similar standard opponents. His goals looked good yesterday, a good header, some decent finishing, he displayed composure in the box, good close ball control, some neat touches and a willingness to take people on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669