Scottish Independence

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a feckin farce.

Without all this stuff being pre-agreed, how the feck can they hold a referendum? No doubt Westminster thought that without this being sorted they'd be fairly certain of a no vote (as people would be too scared to vote yes without knowing what the implications were), and it's clearly a lot closer than they anticipated.
Indeed. That's the reason that they gambled on not allowing the Devo-max option onto the ballot, which was the preference of the majority of those polled, they thought that people would bottle out of leaving the union entirely.

Yeah, but what about the haggis

Who gets that, eh ? ANSWER ME THAT YOU SMART FECKERS

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some moments ago

Yes. I have realised that my response was making the same point as that of jb5000 which had not then read and therefore your response is good for both.

For the record, I believe that if the majority do say YES there will be no formal currency union with Scotland continuing nevertheless to use the pound. They will however take their share of the national debt.

Yeah, but what about the haggis

Who gets that, eh ? ANSWER ME THAT YOU SMART FECKERS
They'll all be rounded up and set free onto the Balmoral estate, as apparently the Queen will have no further use for it after independence

Indeed. That's the reason that they gambled on not allowing the Devo-max option onto the ballot, which was the preference of the majority of those polled, they thought that people would bottle out of leaving the union entirely.

That's what I suspected. Absolute feckin joke process.

It does amaze me the amount of scaremongering being spouted and by the fact that all the main parties on this side of the border are uniting with big business.

Just like when Labour took power after years of Conservative rule, the sun will still rise the next day if the Scots vote yes.

The same people who lend to every other country, banksters. Scotland will have no problems getting rid of treasuries, the rate of which won't be based on whether or not they've helped out the rest of the UK with theirs. In fact, you could actually argue it the opposite way.

I'll be sure to try that line myself when I refuse to pay the credit card. All that money I'll be saving will enable me to service new debt very easily, and I'm sure the bankers won't think I'm likely to default again at all.

I'll be sure to try that line myself when I refuse to pay the credit card. All that money I'll be saving will enable me to service new debt very easily, and I'm sure the bankers won't think I'm likely to default again at all.
Yes, because servicing your personal credit card is exactly the same as fiscal macroeconomics

If Scotland refuses to take their share of the national debt, whatever the reason, they will be skating on very thin ice. What kind of reputation would give them as a country? Who would want to deal with them?

I imagine the rUK (remaining UK) government would respond saying the Bank Of England would not be the lender of last resort to Scottish banks and that it wouldn't guarantee savings in Scottish banks

In essence, all out messy divorce because the wife refused to pay any mortgage

Let's not bogged down by money though when there are bigger questions to be answered. There's nothing in law saying that Orkney and Shetland are Scottish, and both are likely to vote to stay by big margins. Berwick is in England but is much more integrated into Scottish services and culture. If things go wrong in Scotland, places like Gretna could well look to be the our side again.

The truth is that the English - Scottish border has only been settled by an act of union, dissolve the union and you dissolve the border.

Don't forget the Haggis

It's all about the Haggis

I'm quite impressed by the number of folk up there who believe Scottish money is legal tender in England, it's not even legal tender in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669