Scowy To Portsmouth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

According to the Sunday People, Portsmouth are set to make a £1 million bid for Jamie Scowcroft. A couple of weeks ago I would have said bite their hands off but at the moment not so sure. Scowy so far has proved to be a instrumental player this season and a big concern would be how and who do we replace him with to provide the cover in the various positions.

Personally if he does leave i would like to see MA strenghen the left hand side, buy a direct replacement on the right and also possibly a young target man who can cover for Dion.

Same situation as Owen at Liverpool really.

Last year of contract, keep him & get nothing for him at the end of the season or take some money now - make a significant wage saving & bring in 2-3 players as a result.

Think it really depends if Micky has a couple of players who:

1) Are available for the right price
2) Want to come here
3) Will make a significant difference rather than being squad members

and he obviously rates Scowy playing him all last year when many fans wouldn't have.

I think a new contract needs to be discussed with Scowcroft. If he doesn't want to renew his contract, then we probably should sell him now if people are willing to offer £1m for him. If he'll stay then I don't think we should sell him

Just wondering if Mad Biker has any news on whether Scowy is going to go and if so is there anybody lined up to replace him.

looking at the silly money we have got for other players I would say take the money, scowcroft is on the right side of 30 and I think has some qualities but I think we are not playing him in his best position and the money gained could be used to buy more players under 30, I wish MA took the gamble that MON did with young players from lower divisions.

How many years have we had Scowcroft for know? It must be around 4. Can you imagine a Scowcroft testimonial? I can't.

I bet Mace can - he's getting the commemorative programme designed right now. Only £5 ..........

homer said:
I bet Mace can - he's getting the commemorative programme designed right now. Only £5 ..........

It really wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps the East stand will get named the Scowcroft Seats soon, although given it's all about money, Peugeot will probably end up with the sponsorship.

Chrysalis said:
looking at the silly money we have got for other players I would say take the money, scowcroft is on the right side of 30 and I think has some qualities but I think we are not playing him in his best position and the money gained could be used to buy more players under 30, I wish MA took the gamble that MON did with young players from lower divisions.

Be careful what you wish for remember Taylor also took a gamble with young players from lower divisions as well - Marshall, Creswell, Benjamin and look what that got us Relegated :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669