Scrowcroft to rejoin the Tractor Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox

Radio Leicester are reporting that Ipswich are looking to take Scrowcroft on loan as cover for Kuqki. :p

Scowcroft Switch

James Scowcroft is set to complete a loan move to Ipswich until the end of the season today (Monday).

Craig Levein and Joe Royal agreed a deal on Sunday that allows the 29-year-old striker to return to Portman Road on a temporary basis.

Scowcroft was part of the City starting line up that was defeat 2-1 at the hands of Ipswich in the Championship on Saturday.

The former England under 21 has been with the Foxes since 2001 - hitting the target 28 times in 147 appearances.

Assistant manager Robert Kelly will be speaking about the switch at his Monday lunchtime press briefing. Be sure to tune in later today for further news.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~626851,00.html

I doubt we will - Might be a way of recouping the over spend. we do look vey light in the forward department though.

Has done us 1 favour this season, scoring in injury time at Reading.

Now fcuk off you carrot cruncher. :smt098

I would say that its a way of cutting our losses and enabling CL to try Connolly & MDV up front for the rest of the season.

Also, it should allow CL to see if he feels Tommy Wright and Chris O'Grady have got what it takes to make the step up from the ressies.

Dunc said:
I would say that its a way of cutting our losses and enabling CL to try Connolly & MDV up front for the rest of the season.

Also, it should allow CL to see if he feels Tommy Wright and Chris O'Grady have got what it takes to make the step up from the ressies.

Be nice to see O'Grady involved, I personally rate him more highly than Wright. I fear that Blake will return to fitness soon though and that will hamper any chances of him getting a run out.

Nah, don't think Blake will be involved, it makes no sense from what CL has said he is trying to achieve (ie something long term).

Blake & Scowcroft will both be leaving at the end of the season so it makes little sense to play Blake ahead of 2 young players who might do something next season. If De Vries gets injured then i'd expect Dublin to play as a target man, but aside from that, unless we get a new forward in soon, i think TW will get a few run outs before the end of the season.

Dunc said:
Nah, don't think Blake will be involved, it makes no sense from what CL has said he is trying to achieve (ie something long term).

Blake & Scowcroft will both be leaving at the end of the season so it makes little sense to play Blake ahead of 2 young players who might do something next season. If De Vries gets injured then i'd expect Dublin to play as a target man, but aside from that, unless we get a new forward in soon, i think TW will get a few run outs before the end of the season.

I agree it wouldnt make much sense. I would like to see Stearman, Wright, Dawson and O'Grady given chances once we are defo out of contention for the play-offs - ie now!

Fck off Scowcroft, fck off scowcroft, fck off scowcroft fck off.

I think in true tradition we should remember the positive points about players who leave for pastures new. Here are my fondest memories of James Scowcroft, in no particular order:

a). He left to sign for Ipswich

Good luck, now F.O.

I would like to wish him well - but I goal every 5 games is not exactly scorching is it? Of course putting 3 out o 4 headers over the bar doesn't help!
Maybe Scowie's wages can get us a solid centre-half, I am not convinced Heath/Dabizas/Dublin is the best we can do.

Great news. :D :D :-D :-D :smt030 :smt030 :smt033 :smt033 :smt041 :smt041 :smt038 :smt031 :smt031 :smt023 ;-)

scowy is a decent player who put in many good performances for us the past 2 and a bit seasons - particularly in the promotion push 2 years ago and although hes tailed off lately he was good for us earlier this season so its pretty sad the lack of people so far with anything good to say about him. its just another part of LCFC culture of always needing players as hate figures.

i think its good for us financially and i think that the club is moving in a direction where we wont be needing him thanks to the signing of de vries and an increased emphasis on younger more mobile players but i think hes been a good servant of the club and i hope he does really well for himself elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669