Scrowcroft to rejoin the Tractor Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Country Fox said:
scowy is a decent player who put in many good performances for us the past 2 and a bit seasons - particularly in the promotion push 2 years ago and although hes tailed off lately he was good for us earlier this season so its pretty sad the lack of people so far with anything good to say about him. its just another part of LCFC culture of always needing players as hate figures.

i think its good for us financially and i think that the club is moving in a direction where we wont be needing him thanks to the signing of de vries and an increased emphasis on younger more mobile players but i think hes been a good servant of the club and i hope he does really well for himself elsewhere

I agree in theory, he's been a decent plaer although he was hardly ever going to want to move with the wages he was on, and 3 years isn't a long time so i hardly think he has been a good servant to the club.

Congratulations on your 500th post CF.

Joe_Fox

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Dissapointing news. Scowy has done a terrefic job for us.

About as terrific as the job your dictionary did for you! ;-)

Babylon

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Dissapointing news. Scowy has done a terrefic job for us.

:-D :roll:

alex

He may have been poor this term, but he has been a good servant to the club and was particularly effective during our last promotion campaign.

Thanks Scowy, all the best...

Joe_Fox

pipes said:
Congratulations on your 500th post CF.

2 more for you til 500 pipes.

Joe_Fox

Go for it! 500 is a decent tally. More posts than Scowcroft goals that's for sure!

pipes

Joe_Fox said:
Go for it! 500 is a decent tally. More posts than Scowcroft goals that's for sure!

woooo. 500. here's to many more :smt005 :smt004 :p

HulioFoxio

In am suprised by this news of Scowcraft going, he is one of better players for us no? everyone happy, me confused.

step

Scowcroft could and should be one of the better players at city but his attitude stinks. We have all seen him work hard and perform realy well. But those performances have been few and far between. Generaly he lacks passion and commitment, make half hearted efforts to get to the ball and so has missed many opertunities.

Thanks for the odd good performance, but for the money you earned, you owe us and you never delivered.

Good ridance

lcfcrules

HulioFoxio said:
In am suprised by this news of Scowcraft going, he is one of better players for us no? everyone happy, me confused.

Whilst he has never been the best player for us, he did what he was asked to do, whenever balls are lumped up to him, he always seem to somehow get a head on it. Partially it isn't his fault that we played crap tactics under MA. Besides, I think for as long as he was a blue player, fans of the club should back him instead of get on his back. It doesnt really help no one by booing the team or individuals

SamuearlJackson

He was costing too much compared to what he was delivering on the pitch. Wasn't the worst player by far, but his wages were from another era.

I always thought he was the wrong kind of player to buy in when we signed him. We could have used that 3 million quid later in the year when PT left. Thought the same about Walker too.

Let us hope that Levein can strengthen the squad well with all the wages that will be freed up by this move and the other players going out of contract at the end of the year. If we don't go up then there is severe time pressure as the parachute payment will run out at the end of next season. We 'should' be very good if we're in this division next year.

SamJ

edit - would you look at that, went by 500 posts without realising it :)

Rayvon

for me he has been everything that has been wrong with this club for the past few years.

i'm glad hes going and i hope we get someone more committed in. he's been on an overpaid contract and riding the LCFC gravy train for the past couple of years. He's wanted out for some time and hence why his performances have been crap. i think he once was a decent player and i wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit of form back at ipswich.

Good servant, Pah!!!. hes been paid more than most earn in a year every week and hes been a lazy mole-faced git. good riddance.

CL is building a team that are hungry and want to play for the shirt, we don't need scowy.

Redditch Fox

Rayvon said:
for me he has been everything that has been wrong with this club for the past few years.

i'm glad hes going and i hope we get someone more committed in. he's been on an overpaid contract and riding the LCFC gravy train for the past couple of years. He's wanted out for some time and hence why his performances have been crap. i think he once was a decent player and i wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit of form back at ipswich.

Good servant, Pah!!!. hes been paid more than most earn in a year every week and hes been a lazy mole-faced git. good riddance.

CL is building a team that are hungry and want to play for the shirt, we don't need scowy.

I think the reality is that he is a pretty ordinary player signed by Taylor who has been a bit better (and perhaps one of our better players )than most of the dross subsequently signed by poor Micky.

Clearly we are not in contention for promotion or relegation this season and Scowcroft is not good enough to play a significant role in taking the club forward next season.

Sensible and realistic cost cutting by CL.

PFKAKTF FOX

At the start of the season, I was glad that we kept him, but his performances in the main this season have been disappointing lacking effort and commitment, and since the transfer window reopened his performances have been nothing short of shocking, for the fee and wages we paid for him he has been average at the very best, and for his attitude and performance this season then IMO he leaves under a very dark cloud.

Feck off and good riddance.

Steven

pipes said:
Joe_Fox said:

woooo. 500. here's to many more :smt005 :smt004 :p

Congratulations. :smt023 :wink: ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673