Scunthorpe 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant result today, lets hope we stay there till the end now.

As for Andy King, it's not his goal scoring that's the problem, it's what he does for most of the game, he needs to get a lot more aggressive and not get pushed off the ball easily, go into tackles harder and improve his passing.

His passing will get better, imo most of the time he doesn't even attempt to tackle which is the problem, he tends to try and shepherd the player with the ball to one of our other players to let them try and deal with it. Against this sort of opposition he can get away with that, but he won't the higher up in the Leagues we go(hopefully we wil lanyhoo!)

I thought his normal decent passing was very poor today. Seemed to hit it in the air all the time. He should have done better with his chance in the first half when it came on the volley to him.

While I wasn't there, I find the criticism of King remarkable, he's scored a cracking winner that takes us top of the league, and banged in a few already this year. He's young, has an eye for goal and, from what I can tell, improving.

I thought his normal decent passing was very poor today. Seemed to hit it in the air all the time. He should have done better with his chance in the first half when it came on the volley to him.

Yep he should've done better with that chance, looked like he snatched at it.

But he won't be the first or last player to do that!

I still want to see a midfielder come in in January. Because our midfield isn't good enough.

While I wasn't there, I find the criticism of King remarkable, he's scored a cracking winner that takes us top of the league, and banged in a few already this year. He's young, has an eye for goal and, from what I can tell, improving.

I agree,he's a young lad far from the finished article and the last thing he needs is being slated.It seems some of our fans will never ever learn.

Not really, they closed the gates that we came in through so us fans in Grove Wharf (right side over 'ere) had to wait a very long time until we finally got out.

I was there as well but I think that it is the policy to go out the long way as that section does not always have away fans in it. We were right on the front row I had to look around them at times to see the game and past the steady process of people filing through either one way or the other.
The stewards were okay -non confrontational, but the police were pushing everyone around like it was the old days in the kop when they charged in after the fans went to remonstrate with that Scum thorpe player who caused Morrison to end up in the advertising hoardings. Trouble was I got carried away and pushed one back:icon_eek:

Last edited:
But what if it's criticism that has truth to it?

Just because he's 'a young lad' shouldn't mean he should excluded from criticism if it's warranted.

He can't tackle. For a midfielder that's a bit of a problem that needs to be sorted dont'cha think? Preferably before he gets too old to not be able to change it.

The stewards were okay -non confrontational but the police were pushing everyone around like it was the old days in the kop when they charged in after the fans went to remonstrate with that Scum thorpe player who caused Morrison to end up in the advertising hoardings. Trouble was I got carried away and pushed him back:icon_eek:

It was Hobbs not Morrison.:icon_razz

I was there as well but I think that it is the policy to go out the long way as that section does not always have away fans in it. We were right on the front row I had to look around them at times to see the game and past the steady process of people filing through either one way or the other.
The stewards were okay -non confrontational, but the police were pushing everyone around like it was the old days in the kop when they charged in after the fans went to remonstrate with that Scum thorpe player who caused Morrison to end up in the advertising hoardings. Trouble was I got carried away and pushed one back:icon_eek:

Hobbs.

But what if it's criticism that has truth to it?

Just because he's 'a young lad' shouldn't mean he should excluded from criticism if it's warranted.

He can't tackle. For a midfielder that's a bit of a problem that needs to be sorted dont'cha think? Preferably before he gets too old to not be able to change it.

So who would be better than him? Of course he shouldnt be excluded from criticism but some of the slating of him I read on here is way way over the top.Not all Midfielders are great tacklers (Frank Lampard for example),you tend to put a tackler alongside a more attcking mdfielder,maybe we need the former

Last edited:
Indeed we do.
I've been saying that for the last five seasons!:icon_razz

Whether it should be King or Oakley to play alongside him I don't know-seeing as I think I'd be too greedy asking for a tackling midfielder AND an attacking one:icon_roll

You are missing the point, read Beaumonts comnents.

Do you know, I feel satisfied. We're top of the league, three points above Leeds and Forest are having a nightmare.

My dear TBers, this could be a lot worse.

Andy King - terrible for 88 minutes. Doesn't even watch the game, has no idea where he's passing the ball. That said, nice goal. Good on ya son. This not playing for most of the game then scoring a cracker business is turning into a bit of a habit with him, I'm not sure I can get used to it though.

DJ - Flapped his wings a few times but lack of a head still seems to be his problem. More offsides yesterday than any other player has ever had in their entire career. A couple of them were a bit dodgy (like the one in the first half where he quite clearly ran from well the other side of the centre halves), but the fact remains that he cannot time his runs. Did everything he needed to with his best chance but Murphy did well to keep it out.

Oakley - tried to kill several people behind the goal in the shooting practice.

Mirfin - should have had two red cards for attempted murder on Hobbs.

Scunny's goal - we should have had a free kick in the corner after the most blatant foul you'll see. Linesman ignored it.

I agree,he's a young lad far from the finished article and the last thing he needs is being slated.It seems some of our fans will never ever learn.

It will cost us if he goes missing for 65 minutes every game but then scores a goal. Every time he got the ball yesterday, he just hit in the air - which is normally not a criticism of him. He can't tackle either, puff.

That said, I'll lay off him for now....:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670