Scunthorpe (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

Team selection? Sousa is probably rummaging through the entrails of a goat to decide as I type this. Result? I suspect the first of a rash of draws until whoever is actually in charge decides to do something positive ( not until Christmas is my guess ).

I think we'll win, which will give him a stay of execution for atleast another couple of weeks with the international break coming up.

Then it's the return of Mr Pearson, which IMO will be his final game. (Sousa's not Pearsons :icon_wink)

Anyway back to Saturday against Scunny ... we need to get back to very simple basics. 4-4-2 please Mr Sousa.

Ikeme (Weale if available)

Morrison
Hobbs
Vitor
Berner

Gallagher
Oakley
King
Dyer

Howard
Waghorn

Neilson hasn't really done anything wrong this season, I just think Morrison is a better right back. I've put Vitor back in, purely because I don't think we have anyone else capable to play there. Wellens was dreadful at home to QPR, so for me would have to settle for a place on the bench.

I'm going for a 3-1 win, which will no doubt be a welcome result, but it's just one step forward before we soon take two steps back :icon_cry:

Don't disagree with that team at all - but I suspect it will be a million miles away from what Sousa picks

He'll never play Mozza at right back, and I suspect that he won't play a 4-4-2, because he's a complete idiot

He won't be sacked even if we get tonked, as they will want their 'big name' in charge to lead their promotional game in Thailand

If we play the same formation, regardless of the personnel, we will ship more goals - so 3-1 to Scunny

Last edited:
i think he will revert to 442 and pick
Ikheme
Lamey (or Rosenior)
Hobbs
Morrison (or Vitor if available)
Berner
Abe
Wellens
King
Dyer
Howard
Waghorn
IM expecting us to win 2-1 Howard Waghorn, if we dont win i think its the end of PS.Typical Leicester i think we will win play well then lose momentum during 2 week break (im also expecting activity behind the scenes ie while the team/owners are in Thailand MM ie pestering MON)

Last edited:
Logan
Neilsen
Hobbs
Vitor
Bruno
Abe
King
Dyer
Wellens
Howard
Waggy

4-4-2 formation, but Soso more likely to play 4-5-1 with Waggy wasted on the wing

Either way i think we will scrape a 2-1 win and it will be hallowed as a new dawn and we will be '3 wins from the playoff places'

Sousa ponders tactical switch in search for winning formula
Thursday, September 30, 2010, 09:30

Comment on this story

Under-pressure Leicester City boss Paulo Sousa looks likely to abandon the 4-3-3 system as he attempts to end the damaging losing streak which is jeopardising his future at the Walkers Stadium.

City's 4-3 defeat at Norwich on Tuesday night was their sixth defeat in nine games and leaves them propping up the Championship.

Now Sousa, who is also being linked with a move to Greek club AEK Athens, knows that he has to come up with a winning formula against Scunthorpe on Saturday to avoid incurring the further wrath of an increasingly impatient Blue Army.

City worked their way back into the Championship contest at Carrow Road by reverting to 4-4-2, before striker Matty Fryatt's dismissal checked the comeback.

Sousa said: "Every time we change to 4-4-2 with two strikers down the middle, it has been a change in a positive way and we will explore that more, and probably, from the beginning."

With Fryatt expected to serve a three-match ban for violent conduct, Martyn Waghorn looks favourite to partner Steve Howard in attack against the Iron.

However, Sousa knows his major concerns revolve around a back-line which has conceded 22 goals in nine league games.

And he said it is vital for the team to put up a rigorous case for their defence in Saturday's clash at the Walkers Stadium.

He said: "We keep working on that, but to change it we need two or three games with a clean sheet to encourage our players and to avoid the decisions we are making at times. It is something we want to change and something we work on every day to change, but it is not easy.

"Confidence comes with wins and with clean sheets, especially for defenders and goalkeepers. It is something we want but we have the quality and want to push up front sometimes and that means we are exposed."

Sousa has also admitted his frustration at being unable to strengthen a defence which is now having to cope with the additional loss of Miguel Vitor, who is also serving a ban for his dismissal in last week's heavy defeat at Portsmouth.

Sousa had a bid for Swansea defender Ashley Williams turned down in late August, while a mid-September move to bring in Kamil Zayatte on a loan deal from Hull, with a view to a permanent deal, foundered in its final stages.

There were suggestions that Zayatte had problems with his medical, but Hull boss and former City chief Nigel Pearson said the reason the deal fell through was "administrative, technical and financial in relation to emergency loan regulations."

The City boss said the search for new recruits is continuing, but added: "It is something we wanted to do from the beginning, but the market has not been good for us.

"When we come close to concluding deals with certain players we always have an issue and it doesn't allow us to settle the deal. We keep going because we want to add more quality."

The Portuguese sports newspaper, A Bola, claims that Sousa is a target for AEK Athens, whose head coach Dujan Bajevic resigned earlier this week.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/S...g-formula/article-2704120-detail/article.html

4-4-2 it is then!

Despite his rambling in the Merc I think Sousa will continue to play 4-3-3 and we will see another raft of changes as he desperately tries to cling onto his job. Only reverting to 4-4-2 in the second half as we desperately try to salvage a result

His selection not mine.....

Logan

Rosenior
Vitor
Hobbs
Berner

Oakley
Wellens
Abe

Dyer
Howard
Gallagher

Subs
Ikeme
Morrison
Kennedy
Moreno
King
Waghorn
N'Guessan

Last edited:
Ikeme (Weale if available)

Lamey
Hobbs
Morrison
Kennedy

Gallagher (more chance of N Guessn)
Abe (he will play Oakley of course)
King
Dyer

Howard (Rather have Gally play here)
Waghorn

Last edited:
I'm going to try and look on the brightside and go for a 4-1 win to us :icon_bigg Not like it will fecking help!

Can't predict the team 'cause its always changing

Last edited:
I reckon he'll go for ...

Ikeme
Kennedy
Morrison
Moreno
Lamey
N'Guessan
Oakley
King
Dyer
Howard
Waghorn

Logan, Hobbs, Gallagher, Berner, Wellens, Abe, Moussa

If Hobbs did have a falling out on Tuesday, he may even leave him out all together, he strikes me as that sort of manager (a twat)

Where the f&@k is Weale?
Is he still injured? or has he handed in a transfer request?
get him back between the sticks asap - he doesn't get beat from 30+ yards every game.

Don't underestimate Scunny.
When they lost 5 - 2 to Manure, the Manure keeper was man of the match.
Want us to win every game, but at the moment I can't see where our next point is coming from, never mind 3!

As for the team, feck knows, but I believe Yuki Abe is worth a start.
My suggested starting line up, 4 - 4 - 2
Ikeme
Lamey
Morrison
Hobbs
Kennedy
Dyer
Abe
King
N'Guessan or Moussa
Waghorn
Howard

so, if that's the line up, I'll change my name to Feck.
Not over confident in the back 5, but you can't keep chopping and changing the defence, give them a few games together it may just work.

The punishment for his offence is a single game ban. He appeared on the FA's Suspended Players List earlier in the week - he's not there now. The Mercury have got it wrong.

Yippee!

Having said that, and despite Tuesday's lineup leaking goals like a sieve, I really hope don't have another 4-5 changes for Saturday. Vitor for Morrison and possibly Abe for Wellens would be plenty.

.........................................Weale.....................................

Morrison................Hobbs.....................Vitor................Berner

Oakley..................Abe.........................King.................Dyer

........................Howard....................Waghorn....................

Subs:
Logan
Wellens
N'Guessan
Moreno
Kennedy
Nielsen
Moussa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts