SEASON TICKET NEWS:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaumontfox

from OS:

Leicester City have today announced that the club's existing 16,500 season-ticket holders will be able to save up to 15% on the price of their ticket if they renew by April 30.

Not only has there been an unprecedented price freeze for a third consecutive season, but new for next season is an EARLY BIRD scheme which allows fans to receive a 10% reduction on the full price if they renew by the end of the month (April).

There is also an additional 5% loyalty discount for all season-ticket holders who pledge their support again for the new campaign.

And fans who introduce a friend to become a season-ticket holder will also receive a further 10% discount on their own ticket.

Therefore, members of the Blue Army can make a significant personal saving and in the process help the club accelerate funds ahead of a summer of rebuilding for the Foxes management team.

Season-tickets will go on sale from Saturday, April 2 which will see prices start from as low as £59 for under-12s in the bmibaby Family Stand, £225 for senior citizens and young adults (under-22 on September 1, 2005) and £299 for adults.

But if a supporter decides to take advantage of the early bird and loyalty discounts for next season then that is when the benefits really begin to kick-in.

For example, if a fan paid £299 in 2004/05 for a season-ticket in the Fosse Stand and opted to renew before April 30 then they would make a saving of £45 (5% renewal discount and 10% early bird = £254).

Fans unable to renew during April will still be entitled to a five per cent early bird discount between May 1 and May 31.

Chief executive Tim Davies said: "Our season ticket holders are essential to the future of our football club.

"By offering a more flexible approach in which fans can make substantial savings we hope we will be able to retain and potentially grow our existing season-ticket holder base.

"Earlier season-ticket renewals help us to plan our business more efficiently and ensure that we can give maximum support to Craig's rebuilding plans."

Meanwhile, as part of the City's on-going initiative to attract more families and children to the Walkers Stadium City are also offering free season-tickets to under-eights in the bmibaby Family Stand.

The scheme is limited to two free under-eight season-tickets per full-paying adult who purchases a season-ticket at the same time.

Davies added: "We are proud to be one of the first clubs in the country to introduce free season-tickets for the under-eights.

"These children are our supporters of tomorrow and we hope this will encourage parents to sample the great family atmosphere at the stadium."

Other benefits include an automated cup option plus discounts on selected Fox Travel away tickets and in the City Megastore.

Brochures are being sent out by post to existing season-ticket holders and members this week.

Just before anyone gets in here first with some negativity I'd like to say that at least the club is being open and honest in saying that they need the money for next season to build a squad. Also I thing the savings are pretty good.

Well done to the club!

Webbo will be down there straight away to make sure he gets his hands on his early bird

Looks like a £45 saving for me, and you can't knock that, can you ?

Especially considering we also get to travel to Colchester and Swindon for away games........

homer said:
Webbo will be down there straight away to make sure he gets his hands on his early bird........
:eek:

homer said:
Looks like a £45 saving for me, and you can't knock that, can you ?
put it towards nappies for the newby and chalfont cream for mrs homer

does anybody know if they are doing the interest free scheme to pay by installments?

Does anybody know if you can buy early and save if you arent a season ticket holder currently? the info on the OS is a little unclear to say the least.

well i wouldn't think it fair to give people who don't have season tickets a discount when it's for those who are renewing...

i also hope the are doing the installment plan..else i won't be able to get mine til Whitsun. and i don't want to miss out on the discount.

They did say they were doing the instalment plan at a recent Fans Forum

But, there again, they did create a Customer Charter that says that new kits will only be introduced every two years, so you never know...

Cant remember whether or not i renewed before or after the deadline last year, so not sure if i save any £££ or not

Sounds a good saveing. Does anybody no if they are doing 2 or 3 season ticket? My mate had a 3 year one two season ago and got a good rate.

a little unclear atm, they are on general sale from april 2nd?! or on sale to the current STH...please someone clarify. ty

We will attempt to get answers to all the questions raised tomorrow & post them on here/our website

Pretty certain there won't be any 2-3 year season tickets offered

Does the Foxes Trust know if this is good value compared to other Early Bird schemes run by other clubs?

Also as ST prices have been frozen, does that mean match-day ticket prices will stay the same?

Foxes_Trust said:
We will attempt to get answers to all the questions raised tomorrow & post them on here/our website

Can you find out if they are prepared to sell ST's on this 'early bird' to people who are not currently season ticket holders?

Leigh said:
Does the Foxes Trust know if this is good value compared to other Early Bird schemes run by other clubs?

Also as ST prices have been frozen, does that mean match-day ticket prices will stay the same?

Haven't got any data other clubs as yet, will be looking at it.

We believe match day prices will reduce, we believe the savings offered to ST's is actually unneccesarily high - think back say 10 years & it was about half the current level if that.

We have been monitoring the savings including any special offers given on a match by match basis. Those buying by the game would have paid LCFC the same value as the ST's by the Crewe home game this season, which illustrates the large benefit ST's get.

Again it depends on match grading, but our advice is to reduce the match day tickets - we will be discussing this further with the club.

DurhamFox said:
Foxes_Trust said:

Can you find out if they are prepared to sell ST's on this 'early bird' to people who are not currently season ticket holders?

Its one on the questions already put to the club today, we are awaiting a response

beaumontfox said:
well i wouldn't think it fair to give people who don't have season tickets a discount when it's for those who are renewing...

i also hope the are doing the installment plan..else i won't be able to get mine til Whitsun. and i don't want to miss out on the discount.

If you use the installment plan you DON'T get an early bird discount. You also have to pay a £10 administration fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669