season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Part of a story from todays mercury ...

Aldridge said that City's relegation would not see the freeze on season-ticket prices extended beyond May 31. Supporters can buy season tickets at last year's price until the end of the month.

Aldridge said: “I put forward I would like to see an increase because I believe the prices have stayed relatively low over the last four or five years. In fairness the chairman (Milan Mandaric) decided to over-rule that and keep the same as this year.

“There may be some tinkering with certain seats but no structure change to the prices.”
Aldridge added that City have spoken to other clubs, including Nottingham Forest, about adapting to life in League One.

Aldridge said: “Season-ticket renewals and the early-bird period finishes at the end of this month. That will give us the first indication of supporter retention.”

Last edited:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I guess this means he has no intention of becoming our new Chairman and opted to "big up" MM to the fans instead.

If he does intend to be our chairman, "Silly cnut" is the only possible thing I'd like to say to him.

homer

aldridge wanted an increase did he ?? the prick

I don't believe that for a single second. Just bullshit PR in MM's favour

If Mandaric thought he could have got away with an increase, he would have imposed one. He knew he couldn't, and Aldridge would have known that as well

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Aldridge still seems to think that STs will go up from 1st June and that they will therefore be costing more then than they did this season. The man is barmy and he should prepare himself to be over-ruled by Milan a second time.

Dour

I was just looking at Cambridge's prices as I was thinking of maybe going down to see them in the play-offs next week-end. Normal season ticket price for an adult seat is £323 - and that's the same whether League Two or Conference!

Yorkshire Vixen

Aldridge still seems to think that STs will go up from 1st June and that they will therefore be costing more then than they did this season. The man is barmy and he should prepare himself to be over-ruled by Milan a second time.

are you saying you think the prices will freeze beyond 31 may???

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
are you saying you think the prices will freeze beyond 31 may???

I'm saying that the club will already lose enough season ticket holders without considering charging more for a lower level of football.

Boy Genius

Banned
But it's not a 'normal good' - the supplier operates a monopoly so normal rules do not apply

we used to have 20,000 or thereabouts, ST holders when we were in the premiership. Reasons why they have dropped out could vary as well:
1. Only interested in premiership football
2. Will not watch Championship football at premiership prices
3. Cannot afford them

The first category you will never attract back, so fcuk them

The second and third category you might attract back with a reduction.

10,000 people next season averaging £300 say, is £3M
12,000 people renewing at say £250 is also £3m
15,000 people at £250 would generate £3.75M

TBH I am finding it very difficult to commit to renewing next season, because I am going to watch 1st Div football, for what I paid to watch Championship football, in a half empty stadium week in week out. A slight reduction or chuck a few cup games in and I might just renew tomorrow

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I might move to the Family Stand next year

And I will definitely bother you
You'll be terrified in there!!!

7 year olds flicking the bird to the away fans whilst their Dad's look on proudly, they'll have you for breakfast.

Boy Genius

Banned
You'll be terrified in there!!!

7 year olds flicking the bird to the away fans whilst their Dad's look on proudly, they'll have you for breakfast.

Thats really nice of them, what do they serve up and is the orange juice fresh or from concentrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669