Season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when they plan on putting season tickets on sale?

A question many would like answering.

The club have known now for a number of weeks that we're going to be playing Premiership football next season and I can't understand why nothing has been released. The club had to work with two scenarios. 1) If we went up and 2) If we stayed down. Burnley have had their season tickets on sale for a while now, at the same price as this season if they were renewed by 31st March (I think it was).

Are the club planning on adding a bit more now we're champions??

Pretty much what I was thinking. Can understand them waiting to see what league we would be in but can't see why being champions should affect the price.
Out of interest whats the chances of them selling out? Is there likely to be a scramble to get them?

Pretty much what I was thinking. Can understand them waiting to see what league we would be in but can't see why being champions should affect the price.
Out of interest whats the chances of them selling out? Is there likely to be a scramble to get them?

I think we've averaged around 12k-13k season tickets for last few seasons. I would think that will go up by 50-60% and push us up to around the 20k mark.

I really hope the club don't go stupid. I'm expecting my ticket to go up £100-£120 next season. I don't think that's too bad personally. Some may disagree?

I think we've averaged around 12k-13k season tickets for last few seasons. I would think that will go up by 50-60% and push us up to around the 20k mark.

I really hope the club don't go stupid. I'm expecting my ticket to go up £100-£120 next season. I don't think that's too bad personally. Some may disagree?

I'd disagree, you get less matches so it's already more per match, if you whack another 100 on top it's even more.

I'd imagine they will go up though and they are holding off to avoid any ill feeling until the season finishes.

Last edited:

Will be a modest increase for renewals (less than you suggest, I reckon) and an obscene hike for newbies

I spoke to someone who has discussed the season tickets with Susan Whelan, recently, apparently prices most likely won't be much different, the ticket office wanted to increase disabled tickets considerably but senior management vetoed that

I was talking to a guy a work today who is a Derby fan - they have played an absolute blinder with season tickets - if you renewed early (he said March) you paid £350 (well he did, depends on where you sit as usual) and if they end up getting promoted, they get half of their season ticket money back. They sold 17k based on this.

Last edited:
I was talking to a guy a work today who is a Derby fan - they have played an absolute blinder with season tickets - if you renewed early (he said March) you paid £350 (well he did, depends on where you sit as usual) and if they end up getting promoted, they get half of their season ticket money back. They sold 17k based on this.

Yeah but he has to go and watch Derby.

Good point well made.

You surely mean push us up to around the 18,000 - 20,800 mark?

Remember that the club set up something at the start of the season that said if 6 or more home games were televised, season ticket holders would be entitled to some refund or other?

Where are we with that? Could it be that they're waiting on television for the Doncaster match to see if it makes a difference before renewals begin?

The ground is moving to Thailand, they have been on sale there since February.

Remember that the club set up something at the start of the season that said if 6 or more home games were televised, season ticket holders would be entitled to some refund or other?

Where are we with that? Could it be that they're waiting on television for the Doncaster match to see if it makes a difference before renewals begin?

The club could argue that the game wasn't moved for the purpose of television. It was moved for the purpose to play all games at the same time.

Whatever happens it'll be a ridiculous rip-off.Irrelevant to me anyway as I had to abandon season tickets a good few years back due to having to live in tune with my circumstances.So it'll be as & when I can afford matchday tickets until such time as a huge windfall comes my way.Makes me pine for the days when even my childhood pocket money was enough to watch a game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566