Sepp Blatter now being investigated for bribery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you were better at recognising sarcasm than that Boc :icon_lol:

I recognise everything from you as sarcasm. Cate however is a sincere young lady and I won't tolerate you suggesting otherwise.

I thought you were better at recognising sarcasm than that Cate :icon_bigg

There you go, judging everybody by your own standards again!

Feck me, this guy is rotten to the core. The sooner the game is rid of him the better!

Sweep+under+carpet.jpg

It shows that FIFA is even more of a frarce than we already knew. These people lie, cheat and buy (allegedly) their way to a position of power within a worldwide organisation but whenever they are called into question there are no long-lasting ramifications. Where exactly is their motivation to do the job that they are trusted with? They make our government look like angels.

From BBC...
A Fifa ethics committee report says there is "comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming" evidence that member Mohamed bin Hammam tried to bribe officials during his presidential campaign.

The report also states that former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner was "an accessory to corruption".

So the bloke who ran Qatar's World Cup bid is has been 'proved' to be a cheat. Does this not bring their "victory" into question?

Does this also bring the Russian victory into scrutiny?

From BBC...

So the bloke who ran Qatar's World Cup bid is has been 'proved' to be a cheat. Does this not bring their "victory" into question?

Does this also bring the Russian victory into scrutiny?

Paul Kelso, from The Telegraph, was just on TalkSport. He said his understanding is that Blatter agreed with Qatar officials that there would be no investigation into their winning bid, provided Bin Hammam stepped aside in the Presidential election.

Here's a link to his article on the FIFA report:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-after-Fifa-finds-comprehensive-evidence.html

Last edited:
It's absolutely, utterly ridiculous isn't it? The term shameless doesn't do it justice as Fifa seem to have never have had any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669