Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Another win for Derby tonight, they look a good young side, they took time to settle with their new manager changing style and intention, now they're one of the top sides in the league... Know what I'm getting at?

Let's get behind Levine, we're on the up.

While im behind Levein its not really the best reason for others to support Levein for the fact a Derby manager has turned them around

LufbraFox said:
While im behind Levein its not really the best reason for others to support Levein for the fact a Derby manager has turned them around

Yes he has turned them around, but they were worse off last season then we are now. Burley has had time to see who his best side is, whats the best formation etc etc. Levein will be in the same position next season.

It was always going to be very difficult for Levein to mastermind anything for this season. Had he done so, we would have been the worst side in the premiership next season.

Come the summer Levein would have had ¾ of a season here, and he'l know who he wants to keep.

I cannot wait for next season.

Nottingham Fox said:
LufbraFox said:

Yes he has turned them around, but they were worse off last season then we are now. Burley has had time to see who his best side is, whats the best formation etc etc. Levein will be in the same position next season.

It was always going to be very difficult for Levein to mastermind anything for this season. Had he done so, we would have been the worst side in the premiership next season.

Come the summer Levein would have had ¾ of a season here, and he'l know who he wants to keep.

I cannot wait for next season.

Exactly, Burley has done a really sound job at Derby because he has given careful thought to player recruitment and tactical formation.

There is reason for optimism that Levein will do the same here. Any thought of promotion this year was ridiculous and i have always said that. Had we gone up we would have been slaughtered and had no chance to re-build.

I think people are slowly realising what an appalling manager, MA was and is, and the damage which he and DB were allowed to do to Leicester City before it mercifully ended. Just in case anyone thinks to mention as to how such a crap manager got us promotion - it was simply that he inherited the remnants of the MON era - notably Muzzy who was clearly in a class of his own in that division, sadly it looks like he is now more or less finished as a prominent player - and struck lucky for a season on Deane and Dickov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669